Compilation of DIY plywood tanks (Load Warning)

apennell07

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2010
South Australia/Illinois lol

XDUDE3D

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2010
Denver, CO.
www.3dartwork.net
I have a question, honstly, how durable are these tanks? A glass tank, taken care of can last decades, but I can't help but think, even a well built / well taken care of deck needs to be reworked every few years, and that's not even taking into account the thousands of pounds of water stressing the wood.

I am not against these kind of builds, I am just really having trouble believing in the idea that these really are a option for permanent monster tanks.

Again, I am asking because I want to know. I'm not belittling. :D

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
XDUDE3D;4559434; said:
I have a question, honstly, how durable are these tanks? A glass tank, taken care of can last decades, but I can't help but think, even a well built / well taken care of deck needs to be reworked every few years, and that's not even taking into account the thousands of pounds of water stressing the wood.

I am not against these kind of builds, I am just really having trouble believing in the idea that these really are a option for permanent monster tanks.

Again, I am asking because I want to know. I'm not belittling. :D
There are some that have lasted 10+ years. If built correctly, they should last just as long as a silicone seam glass tank.

KrackerJaxs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
fayetteville, NC.
Thanks for all the hard work that you've done to put this togather and big ups to all that have shared there builds and input...:D
I think I finally found a hobby that will keep me accupied.
The more I search this site the more I see the wheels turning in my girlfriend head as the dollars rack up:eek:. Man this is going to be an awesome journey:headbang2
Thanks,
Kracker.

sschop

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2011
hamburg, germany
thanks for the compilation! nice to be able to be able to quickly scroll through the different designs and find one that suits your ideas for a possible own build!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store