Converting a 20ft cistern into an underground eel pond.

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
OOH WOW that looks amazing. i thought that it was way way way deeper like 6 meters atleast .. this is so much cooler then i thought.
you could also go cave salamanders? like an olm salamander would be cool or a mudpuppy. they are awesome to feed and to see in a space like that

Reactions: Cowturtle

Cowturtle

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2016
Cincinnati
OOH WOW that looks amazing. i thought that it was way way way deeper like 6 meters atleast .. this is so much cooler then i thought.
you could also go cave salamanders? like an olm salamander would be cool or a mudpuppy. they are awesome to feed and to see in a space like that
yep water depth is 16in for the walkway. I’ve thought about that I actually have a 12in mudpuppy somebody gave me. I want to wait for the eels to see the size difference before I put them in together. I’ve caught some 16in mudpuppies before so I definitely think it could work.

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
yep water depth is 16in for the walkway. I’ve thought about that I actually have a 12in mudpuppy somebody gave me. I want to wait for the eels to see the size difference before I put them in together. I’ve caught some 16in mudpuppies before so I definitely think it could work.
mudpuppies are gone be food for eels. and adult mudpuppies will also be a problem with eels. The eels will keep biting their limbs of and they will reheal. but it would be kinda torture if you ask me. I wouldnt combine them.

Cowturtle

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2016
Cincinnati
mudpuppies are gone be food for eels. and adult mudpuppies will also be a problem with eels. The eels will keep biting their limbs of and they will reheal. but it would be kinda torture if you ask me. I wouldnt combine them.
Yep that’s my main concern too.

Reactions: neko1

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Your videos have been showing up on my for you page on TikTok forever. I remember when you just started and I saw your name and I’m like, I recognize this guy lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store