crayfish problem.

fish lovah

Feeder Fish
Jul 6, 2018
Hi ! i'm new here, i stumbled across this website as I was looking for a solution or an explanation to an "issue" with my both male and female scarlet crayfish .
I bought them roughly a week ago, i'm not an expert but, they seemed ok, and I added ladder for them to climb up to the surface. only the female seemed to use it. The last two days, i noticed them in their little rock caves that i've built for them, they're kinda tilting to the left side and moving their right set of "legs" back and forth, when i tap the aquarium they sort of jump but a few minutes later they'd do the same .
Please I'm worried as to what can happen to them, if you could direct me to a solution or an explanation i would be so graceful. thanks in advance.
if this helps, I had a recent problem with ammonia in the aquarium, but i used some products i bought from a "specialized" fish store.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Post the test results for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH. I am guessing since you had a result for ammonia previously your tank is probably not cycled and ready for livestock yet.

What is the tank size and dimensions and how long has it been set up?

What are you using for filtration?

Do you have a scientific name for this crayfish or did you just buy it as a Scarlet crayfish?

Reactions: fish lovah

fish lovah

Feeder Fish
Jul 6, 2018
Post the test results for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH. I am guessing since you had a result for ammonia previously your tank is probably not cycled and ready for livestock yet.

What is the tank size and dimensions and how long has it been set up?

What are you using for filtration?

Do you have a scientific name for this crayfish or did you just buy it as a Scarlet crayfish?
i use a normal filter, i think i lost the test, the tank is 120cm by 65cm by 70cm
,and i dont have the scientific name, they're red but with a little hint of blue/grey on their back and i have some other fish that are somewhat fine(a medium gold fish, a medium royal carp, a bluegill, two small iridescent catfish and some random hybrid goldfish species

scarlt cray.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store