Feb 12, 2009
singapore

ong88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2009
singapore
What filtration u using in ur tank?

Using simple dolphin overhead filter black box x 2. Think they are four footer dolphin black overhead filter boxes.

Media is a mixture of biohome, JBL white media balls, fragments of momotaro biohouse.
The biomedia rest on top of a thin layer of river sand on the black box bottom.
Filter wool used to polish water at return end of box.
It is modified to be an overhead sump filter box by increasing water level up with cylinder pipe. All my black ohf box filters are modded to be overhead sumps.
One eheim pump feeds the filter box.

In tank itself, I hope the river sand substrate is functioning well as a passive filter(anaerobic sandbed).
Another Eheim pump is used as a monodirectional fixed wavemaker that runs water currents along back of tank.

The sand bed I try to make 3 to 4 inches thick.
Thickness ranges from zero to 6 inches thick.

Midpoint of tank :

Reactions: moe214

RajaVino

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 29, 2017
India

Using simple dolphin overhead filter black box x 2. Think they are four footer dolphin black overhead filter boxes.

Media is a mixture of biohome, JBL white media balls, fragments of momotaro biohouse.
The biomedia rest on top of a thin layer of river sand on the black box bottom.
Filter wool used to polish water at return end of box.
It is modified to be an overhead sump filter box by increasing water level up with cylinder pipe. All my black ohf box filters are modded to be overhead sumps.
One eheim pump feeds the filter box.

In tank itself, I hope the river sand substrate is functioning well as a passive filter(anaerobic sandbed).
Another Eheim pump is used as a monodirectional fixed wavemaker that runs water currents along back of tank.

The sand bed I try to make 3 to 4 inches thick.
Thickness ranges from zero to 6 inches thick.

Midpoint of tank :

Thank u so much for ur elaborate reply

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store