Dark Side Progression...

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Some updates:
I found out that T5 + USA Orbit Marine light system can not support my Anemones in long term and some local dude want to buy it so I sold them and I bought new light system Kessil A360WE.
Full Tank Shot.jpg
Some re-arrange my rock work because I gave away few rocks that my anemone attached to the rock, The torch corals I returned to LFS and got some Zoas and few more clams.
New Look.jpg
The right side is a blue Tridacna Maxima, the left side is a rare/hard to find Tridacna Hippopus, Zoas located on rocks and Xenia both left/right tank wall.
Added 3 small babies clams in center
Tridacna Derasa (center)
Left/right (Maxima or Crocea clams, I still need some real verify from other clam keepers cause these 2 species very hard to identify them at young age)
3 clams.jpg
1x Purple Firefish
1x Royal Gamma
1x Bangai Cardinal
1x Six Line Wrasses

Reactions: tlindsey and J. H.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
My lfs has three of them. Very impressive. That light is a thing of beauty n and of itself.
Yep, everything in my tank responded to this light very well and they are happy, color show up amzing under this light, it's just my crappy phone can not capture this kind of beauty.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Tridacna Clams are beautiful and interesting one of my favorites. Great to hear about switching to better lighting which as you already know is crucial to any reef setup.

Reactions: Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
My Xenia start growing now, it's popped out a new one but I think my system not that "dirty" for them to grow like weed, it's just begin :) lets see how its turn out in near future.

Reactions: J. H. and tlindsey

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Here the picture I took yesterday of my 2 gold maximas during my inspection for parasite and unwanted pest on their shell.
Gold Maxima.jpg
I hope they keep this color for life, some folks said they might change the color with ages.

Reactions: J. H.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Few pictures after my clams acclimated to my system.
Opened up nicely and look promising for awesome color in future.
Gold Maxi 1.jpg
The other one settled on different rock work.
Gold Maxi 2.jpg
Here is a full tank shot.
Tank Overall 2.jpg
I'm in a process removing the sand in the front with each water change, my plan is to spread Zoa and make it Zoa carpet field, it's a long process and might take months or year to complete.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
New addition to my tank, Electric Flame Scallop
Scallop 2.jpg
The light at the scallop edge in the picture is the electric light.
Here is a couple that choose to stay together at same spot.
Scallop couple.jpg
Very cute right? LOL

and here is a video captured a spawning incident from my Oyster.

Water not clear due to the spawning but cleared up after a day.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
New addition to my tank, Electric Flame Scallop
View attachment 1280893
The light at the scallop edge in the picture is the electric light.
Here is a couple that choose to stay together at same spot.
View attachment 1280894
Very cute right? LOL

and here is a video captured a spawning incident from my Oyster.

Water not clear due to the spawning but cleared up after a day.
Incredible that it spawned for you. Too bad you probably won't get any spats. Do the scallops swim around much? I know the ones that live around here will swim away if you touch them.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Incredible that it spawned for you. Too bad you probably won't get any spats. Do the scallops swim around much? I know the ones that live around here will swim away if you touch them.
The scallop did hop around the tank when first introduce to the tank, after they find the best spot they start making thread and take hold at that spot, if you don't disturb them they will stay put at same spot. Its just close up when I do a tank clean up but won't move anywhere. About the Oyster spawned I don't expect anything from that, it's more like an awesome moment and everyone in my tank got a wild belly full from the spawn (filter feeding clams and soft corals).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store