Dark Side Progression...

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
There have been a few denitrification threads on here lately. If you make a thread about your carbon dosing, it will be appreciated.
markstrimaran markstrimaran J jaws7777
Are they doing saltwater?

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
fresh. There was discussion of SW and the cross compatibility of systems, such as algae scrubbers, foam fractionators (skimmers) and anaerobic denitrators, but the focus was freshwater.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
fresh. There was discussion of SW and the cross compatibility of systems, such as algae scrubbers, foam fractionators (skimmers) and anaerobic denitrators, but the focus was freshwater.
TBH, I'm only experiences with carbon dosing in SW, I'm have no clue about dosing carbon organic source daily for freshwater and i'm not even sure it going to work in freshwater.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
New Carpet.jpg
I just got this carpet for free, a local dude bought it (Impulse buying behave) and got bored 2 weeks later :) cause the clown fish refused to join the carpet.

Reactions: J. H. and tlindsey

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Nice timing nothing like getting something free especially something for your reef setup.
Yeah, I'm still trying to get it real ID.
It totally look different than my other carpet, I leaning toward it a Stichodactyla Gigantea which not very common available in my LFS, I asked him where did he buy it and went to that LFS, I showed them the picture and they said it was mixed with other Anemone shipment and not very common anemone for them to order.

Reactions: tlindsey

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Copepods started showing up on my tank glass LOL
I didn't introduce them to my tank, they're just show up from nowhere...
I guess I just let them be and once they established they population then I can add a mandarin :)

Reactions: J. H. and tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Copepods started showing up on my tank glass LOL
I didn't introduce them to my tank, they're just show up from nowhere...
I guess I just let them be and once they established they population then I can add a mandarin :)

Great sign of everything is going well.

Reactions: Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Well, a little video update of my nano system (3 weeks into reef world)...
Enjoy and sorry for some hitcup cause the dang old phone wasn't want to co-operate :p

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store