Darter biotope

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
You'll find they are not like any fish you've ever kept..lol. They tend to break all the normal fish keeping rules. They are surprisingly forgiving fish. One thing they can't tolerate is microbubbles. Be careful during waterchanges.

Ok thanks for letting me know that don't want to harm them.

Reactions: Bigfishnut

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Big updates coming! Been back out collecting and got some real gems! I'll get some good photos soon, and also getting ready to build a monster darter stream tank. Will be a shallow water, one direction flow tank to simulate a small river. Stay tuned!!

Can't wait! :)

Reactions: Bigfishnut

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
Been busy collecting darters and setting up the new (temporary) darter tank. Had to move some things around and make room for the plumbing. This tank is in my livingroom so it had to be right. I'll be unveiling this tank sometime tonight! I drilled the tank last night, set it up and aquascaped it. Needed to leave it sit 24 hrs. To be sure the water was free of microbubbles. Killed a bunch of darters one time that way. I'll be adding the fish tonight, and once everyone is settled in I'll get some photos.

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
Here's the new set-up...125 gallon wiith 55 g sump a 2100 gph pump cranking water end to end! The darters love it! Went out and collected about 50 darters this week. Greensides, bandeds, rainbows, bluebreasts, and variegates. They're all doing great and already eating.0613182239a.jpg

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store