Datnoid with holes in the head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hhg556

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2021
Hi Everyone I’ve been detecting my Datnoid with hole in the head. The water parameters are all good with 7.0-8.0 around the middle of with 0 ammonia, 0 nitrate , and 0 nitrite based on my api testing kit. They have not been eating for a few days . I’ve also seen them scratching themselves off of heater and tank .Does anyone know this type of disease with holes in the head and how can I cure it .

2A6F381C-E729-479F-A911-1CFCB1CFDCED.jpeg

4C2F3260-3A5F-4236-9DC5-D5D67B7403E4.jpeg

Reactions: Kelly_Aquatics

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Hi Everyone I’ve been detecting my Datnoid with hole in the head. The water parameters are all good with 7.0-8.0 around the middle of with 0 ammonia, 0 nitrate , and 0 nitrite based on my api testing kit. They have not been eating for a few days . I’ve also seen them scratching themselves off of heater and tank .Does anyone know this type of disease with holes in the head and how can I cure it .

View attachment 1461073

View attachment 1461074
Looks like hole in head it’s kinda like fish pimples but they make craters best thing to do is probably quarantine and use melafix that’s what I’ve always head anyway but maybe kno4te kno4te has a better idea

Hhg556

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2021
i tried melafix that made water parameters worser and made the disease worser. I tried not to play with the water because they get super stress when I add other api chemicals

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
i tried melafix that made water parameters worser and made the disease worser. I tried not to play with the water because they get super stress when I add other api chemicals
Try taking out activated carbon and treat with prazipro or look up fish antibiotics and try cephalexin

Hhg556

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2021
I was just talking to a owner of a fish store. The owner suggested me to use metroplex and focus and use it on foods and feed it to them. She says Datnoid will survive 2 weeks with no food with great water. She says eventually they will eat soon and keeping the water great would help them recover naturally. And yes carbon was removed when it first happened. I tried general cure and prazipro and it all made it stress and more holes so I thought of it was definitely the medicine I’m adding in the water making them stressed

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I doubt that the Melafix made matters worse as opposed to simply not having an effect.I suggest seeking out medications that are more specifically geared towards HITH disease.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I doubt that the Melafix made matters worse as opposed to simply not having an effect.I suggest seeking out medications that are more specifically geared towards HITH disease.
You have a point also when I treat with anything my water parameters go everywhere but I’ve never had any problems with it and has always healed perfectly

Hhg556

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2021
Well that’s what happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store