David R's 370g thread...

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Heh...

The sump spring a second leak in the front right corner when I refilled if after waiting a week for the patches on the crack to dry. I've reglued it but lost interest/motivation at the moment, I went to fill the sump up on monday but decided the stand isn't level enough so I'm going to have to make another at some point. I've been sick in bedfor most of the week, so that isn't helping. On the bright side, the background looks really good with all the driftwood in there.

Might try to get onto the new sump stand this weekend, no guarantees though...

Sethg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2010
nz
Sucks that you've been sick man, and that the sump sprung another leak.
get well soon.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
not yet, still pondering over what to do with the sump. Kinda wish I'd gone for a traditional design, just super-sized!

If you want to bounce some ideas about how to convert your 1500mm tank to a sump then feel free to flick me a pm or email.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
A little more progress on the worlds slowest tank build. I got the supplies for a new stand for the sump and started making it, but the battery drill ran out of battery so it'll have to wait until tomorrow. Snapped a couple of teaser pics, just using two old 4' fluros I had spare. Still haven't added the sand, but the driftwood and background are all permanent.

Bear in mind the lighting will be much better once properly set up!

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
And here's a few pics of the future inhabitants, sorry the pics of the aro are lousy, he wouldn't sit still and I didn't want to freak him out by putting more lights on the tank.

Geos etc in the 160g, also destined for the 370g. Will be using the same substrate too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store