Delhezi Bichir Growout Thread

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Algae probably didn’t help the duckweed. It took all the nutrients. An explosion in hornwort growth plus a hair algae outbreak killed off a lot of mine.
In fact, the initial duckweed death probably sparked the algae outbreak. When a clump of Val I bough died, it provided all the necessary nutrients for cyano to take over.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Sparky is checking out his new accessory! It is a UV water sterilizer - 180 dollars, an investment. It basically makes sure that algae can not grow. Super cool. The show tanks at my lfs use them. Apparently, it works super well. Let’s see how it is.

88E33F83-2D1F-4462-B84E-AD707319CC19.jpeg

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Why is it not generating fine bubbles? You might have to tap it to get rid of the trapped air under it.

This is not an UV.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
It releases fine bubbles a few times every 10 minutes. Those bubbles are always there, and on the ones at the show tanks at afd. I apologize, I didn’t mean to say UV. I flipped it sideways, and the bubbles wont generate now. I think it measures something in the water, which is why I don’t think it releases it all the time.

Reactions: Deadeye

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Sparky loves whatever these top fern plants are!

This photo shows pretty much all the algae in the tank. Diatoms of which I missed, and BBA and CITA resting on the bottom because I scraped it off. I’m doing another wc today to suck all the stuff on the bottom out, and scrape the diatoms off.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store