Silver Tier DIDYSIS, Distinguished Contributor

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Bump, we need a little more support for these three awards. DIDYSIS DIDYSIS definitely has earned it, but I can't give it until the requirements are met. :)

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Bump, we need a little more support for these three awards. DIDYSIS DIDYSIS definitely has earned it, but I can't give it until the requirements are met. :)

I've read and learned from some of his informative threads as well. So he has my vote.

Reactions: JK47 and Chicxulub

JK47

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Do you still need admin endorsement? I assumed the nomination counted but if not I do as well

Reactions: tlindsey

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Do you still need admin endorsement? I assumed the nomination counted but if not I do as well
You know Justin, this is a situation for which there is no precedent.

On one hand, all of us in the staff are more or less on the same page about things, and I really doubt that any staff member would argue with another over a nomination, making an admin-originated nomination ok as an endorsement as well.

On then other hand, I have recused myself from both voting and endorsing nominations. Even though I can and do give administrative input on awards, if the member base votes against my recommendation, I am obligated to honor the vote.

So there could be precedent both ways. I'm not sure what the correct way to proceed would be. Perhaps we should put it to a vote for the members?

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
From what I have seen the nominee always gives informed advice and opinions on a variety of topics based on years of real world experience. I definitely believe the award is deserved.

Reactions: DIDYSIS and JK47

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
DIDYSIS is a very informed and helpful contributor to MFK and the hobby. I would not be where I am today without his input and guidance on Eheim 2262 filters. My first stable tank freed me up to get a second tank, then a monster tank. He is one of a handful of contributors whose advice I consider to be the final word on a topic. I am grateful for his help, and I'm glad he's here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store