Silver Tier DIDYSIS, Distinguished Contributor

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Bump, we need a little more support for these three awards. DIDYSIS DIDYSIS definitely has earned it, but I can't give it until the requirements are met. :)

I've read and learned from some of his informative threads as well. So he has my vote.

Reactions: JK47 and Chicxulub

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Bump, we need a little more support for these three awards. DIDYSIS DIDYSIS definitely has earned it, but I can't give it until the requirements are met. :)
Do you still need admin endorsement? I assumed the nomination counted but if not I do as well

Reactions: tlindsey

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Do you still need admin endorsement? I assumed the nomination counted but if not I do as well
You know Justin, this is a situation for which there is no precedent.

On one hand, all of us in the staff are more or less on the same page about things, and I really doubt that any staff member would argue with another over a nomination, making an admin-originated nomination ok as an endorsement as well.

On then other hand, I have recused myself from both voting and endorsing nominations. Even though I can and do give administrative input on awards, if the member base votes against my recommendation, I am obligated to honor the vote.

So there could be precedent both ways. I'm not sure what the correct way to proceed would be. Perhaps we should put it to a vote for the members?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
If it makes a difference then he has my vote. I've been reading up on some of his threads and I've got to say that he does display an extraordinary amount of knowledge.

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
From what I have seen the nominee always gives informed advice and opinions on a variety of topics based on years of real world experience. I definitely believe the award is deserved.

Reactions: DIDYSIS and JK47

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
DIDYSIS is a very informed and helpful contributor to MFK and the hobby. I would not be where I am today without his input and guidance on Eheim 2262 filters. My first stable tank freed me up to get a second tank, then a monster tank. He is one of a handful of contributors whose advice I consider to be the final word on a topic. I am grateful for his help, and I'm glad he's here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store