Doviis....Red and Regulars 3-26-09 load warning!!

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
Post those on mojo's board, I would like to hear what those guys have to say.

Where is cchhcc when you need him?

Still a neat fish

and thanks uncwnells, please proof all my posts, you are cool

cchhcc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
Virginia Beach, VA USA
I need some info on the source before I feel comfortable weighing in, but I honestly think I see a little motaguense in there. If you'd have shown me that 5th pic without IDing it, I'd have said mot. (Sorry for even saying that. I hate the "it's a hybrid" nonsense all the time!)

There is a red morph, but I am not aware of anyone successfully importing them in 20-30 years. I know Conkel and others have tried many times without luck.

If they are indeed the red variety, YOU HAVE A BUYER HERE!!!!!

D-Train

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2008
Edmonton, AB
Umm if you dont keep this thread updated I will be very disappointed. I would love to see those Dovii when they start showing more mature colours :D

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
I'm following this with interest. You should post more pics. And often.:popcorn:

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
cchhcc;2950527; said:
I need some info on the source before I feel comfortable weighing in, but I honestly think I see a little motaguense in there. If you'd have shown me that 5th pic without IDing it, I'd have said mot. (Sorry for even saying that. I hate the "it's a hybrid" nonsense all the time!)
This is what I thought when I saw the "male in a bag" pic.

cchhcc said:
If they are indeed the red variety, YOU HAVE A BUYER HERE!!!!!
And this x10.:D

VRWC

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2009
The 9ᵗʰ Colony
www.youtube.com
The Infamous Red Dovii picture

I cant find the big article I read a long time ago anywhere, but I believe this pic is from the 70s, and has been debated about due to the color of the water, background etc. The photo is from a slide negative, so that might explain some of the discoloration (the technology in the 70s)

Does anyone know where the original article is on the web? I have searched but only found snippets of it.

This is supposed to be a color mutation of the Dovii population in a particular river in Costa Rica.

The first 4 pics look like "grammovi" I have seen on here before.

polomax24

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2005
Los Angeles
I have seen those dovii with red spots in socal LFS a few years ago. I believe they were bred by one of the online sellers in socal. Damn! I can't remember his name.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store