Dream fish Wish List complete with fry

cichlidnut

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
MI
I also want to point out for all those interested in this fish this is a very aggressive Fish Red Devil tear aggressive with teeth like a exodon

Reactions: twentyleagues

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I’m assuming you would recommend a species tank for them?

Reactions: cichlidnut

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I also want to point out for all those interested in this fish this is a very aggressive Fish Red Devil tear aggressive with teeth like a exodon
How are they with bottom dwellers? I was going to put them in a 90 and plant it up. Whats good with them? Cories? Loaches? Dithers/schoolers probably get eaten. Could be just them if I got like 6 or so.

Reactions: Matteus

cichlidnut

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
MI
Cichlids and plecos Corey's work when they are small my male has killed two of the four Cory's that was in my tank. plecos would be best. I am going to add some Rhino plecos to my tank

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Wonder if something cool like leopard frog pleco or simular would be able to stand a chance at living and possibly breeding with them. Thatd be cool.

cichlidnut

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
MI
I’m assuming you would recommend a species tank for them?
yes. aggressive cichlids of the same size will be fine any aggressive cichlid that get about 8in should be good they are even able to hold their own against Central and South American Cichlids that get a little bit bigger. They are very territorial as long as each male has his own territory you should be fine for adults I recommend a hundred gallons or more

Last edited:
Reactions: Matteus

Piscavores:)

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2018
This is an amazing fish, I don’t have space to buy one unfortunately, although it is a tetra species, can it be kept alone? If I get a tank in the near future I’ll for sure buy one:headbang2
Great work for bringing this fish back into the spotlight:clap

BTW I was interested in large tetras, but the internet lied and said the largest was Buenos Aires tetra or Congo at 3 inches
I wish u the best my man/woman (dunno yet)

cichlidnut

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
MI
It can be kept alone and it reaches up to eight inches very aggressive fish but beautiful

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store