Dream fish Wish List complete with fry

d033ie

Banned
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
Delaware
That is a fish built for stealth! The video you provided shows how it completely slices through the water when it turns. Very alert and beautiful, i never knew it existed.Thanks for posting!

Reactions: cichlidnut

cichlidnut

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
MI
(Update on the fry) everyone say hello to Hannibal Lecter! About 3 weeks ago I start losing fry. I panic I check my water I did water changes I did everything possible and I still was losing fish. The fish are only one inch long so I didn't notice any damage .soI took a magnifying glass to examine the dead fish and seen there was nips I didn't think this could be possible at such a small size but there was one bigger than the other fish. So I move my lazy boy chair over to the fish room and I sat there all night watching.this fish is so aggressive at that size of inch and a half he was wrecking the other fish not because he was hungry they were well-fed it was because he claimed the territory by the Sponge Filter. I was like WTF even at this size this fish is so territorial never seen this type of behavior in a fish so small and I have raised all types of super aggressive cichlids. It's been 3 weeks now and not one fish dead. What a relief now I can continue putting some size on them to get them out to you guys they have been transferred to a bigger tank with constant water changes and power feeding should be up to size soon

Last edited:

audiction

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2014
My Fish Room
thanks for the update...pretty cool video btw. I'm very happy you're able to salvage the rest...wishing you luck with this cool specimen.

cichlidnut

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
MI
Thanks a lot. I have about 200 fried from that batch and I have two more younger batches about three to four hundred also. That first batch of be ready to ship out soon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store