Dream place to live?

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
at least Colorado's better than PA where I'm from...milder winters (unless you live in the mountains) and much less humidity

I wish I could move back to Grand Junction...that's my favorite part of the state.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
hmm I am gong to go against everyone.... I love FL.... Yes its hot.... but I am used to it. I love exploring FL and how different it is going from South FL to Central and then to North FL. I love it here! I also love exploring the different water areas around here. I could not have asked for a better place to live.

Good point Ash. I prefer North FL to down here... but the wildlife is cool when you can find it. Just have to look in places people haven't crowded into yet.

Speed bumps...er.... manatees.

American Crocs running wild!

American alligators.

And let's not forget the bull sharks :D

Chefken

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
Harwinton CT
Well....here in the northeast we cannot compete with your tropical wildlife or cheap gas and taxes.
I cannot stand the heat and humidity. The change of seasons is very much a part of my life.....We do have the best schools....both public and college. I have skiing within 10 minutes and beaches within 45. And we have trees.......DSC_0003.jpg this is the largest tree east of the Mississippi. And of course only CA can even come close to our food!! whenever i travel south it is amazing how bad the food is.....restaurants, supermarkets, deli....pizza....I could never survive!

DSC_0003.jpg

Modest_Man

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2006
Washington
The Northwest is the place to live if you want big trees.

I have one somewhere of the largest spruce which has a girth of like 94 feet but I can't find it. :(

pbass510

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2010
Bay Area
I love cali weather up in norcal. But i always wanted to live in hawaii seemed like a tropical paradise lol

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
Dan I couldn't agree more, you're making me jealous! Where you are in OR does it normally get that much snow? Because I know Coos Bay doesn't get much if any. I also agree tropical places are nice to visit, but too hot to live in ;). I get headaches and the cold rainy weather keeps them at bay. I love rain, thunderstorms, and snow. Also, I am originally from Nebraska. I've been in Southern NJ for about 12 years. And before that I was in NC, of which they used to shut down school when it got too cold because they were afraid kids wouldn't have the clothes for the cold weather! At least when I was there.
Here it is all about your elevation.

The Oregon coast gets basically no snow.

The Willamette Valley (Portland, Salem, Eugene, most of the population) gets a little.

Where I live (1500" above the valley floor in the Cascade foothills) we get lots of snow at times, up to about 18"-24".

In the mountains they get up to 15'-20' of snow accumulation.

The East side of the state is an entirely different climate, a high desert environment that gets really cold in winter and is hot and dry in summer.

As far as closing school when it gets cold, here are a few shots of a normal school day in February:

P1310010.JPGP1310005.JPGP2040006.JPG

P1310010.JPG

P1310005.JPG

P2040006.JPG

Lizardking

Jocke
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2006
Sweden
I say south Sweden, since I live here. Great country, great nature awesome people, the best welfare system in the world etc etc..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store