Drip system. Fool proof ?

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Lmaoo i was just looking at the same pieces except i couldnt fins the john guest valve. and was confused on the overall configuration. Thx man

Gonna check out brs now. Thx man.

So about the hot water a mixing valve wouldnt help right ? I was thinking of doing just doing 1gph hot water and another for cold
I can only recommend what I trust which is the mixing valve. You may be fine with just a hot line and no mixing but I prefer to filter out anything that goes through my hot water heater for metals etc

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Can anyone point me towards a good chloramine removal method? It comes in at 2.2ppm at my house and I’m currently using 2 of the 10 inch Pentek chloramine busters- they’re just expensive to keep replacing as chloramine eats up carbon.
Have you tried the other filter cartridges by BRS?
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-universal-carbon-block-filter-1-micron.html

I believe I have chloramines in my area so I use those. They seem to work as when I test my water going into the tank everything comes out at zero. They are pretty much just carbon filters designed to remove chlorarmines (specific type of carbon) and they recommend you run two in line.

Check out their videos on the fitler. Go to the link I provided and you will see 2 videos on the side of the page.

GoldFinger

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2017
Ontario
Sorry for the delay I was in México! Sounds like your set for advice from what I can read.

As far as the well goes typically you won’t have spikes of high pressure as your pressure switch will shut off the pump when it reaches the set “cut off” pressure. If the pressure switch fails the pump won’t just blast unlimited water to your house, you won’t have any water.

If your going to temper the water I would run 1/2” pex from your manifold to a mixing valve and also 1/2” pex tee’d off of your hot line coming off the top of your water heater. Put shut off valves on both before the mixing valve. Then as stated earlier, adapt to 1/4” off the outlet of the mixing valve and send it to your sump.

Again as already stated, the less distance of pipe the hot and/or tempered water has to travel, the better it will retain its set temperature. I have since figured out the issue with my inkbird and still have no need to add hot water as my heaters do a fine job.

I still recommend adding filters too!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store