Dwarf SRT flowerhorn tank size

Benthebassmaster

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2021
Petzoned has a dwarf srt flowerhorn and they said it gets 1-1.5 inches. I thought it was to good to be true so I am wondering about that.

Krismo962

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2020
my house!!
Now I don't mean to be a @#$@ ,but a 1.5 inch super red texas? I doubt these are real SRT ,and $80? Since they claim it gets 1.5 inches I would say a 15g would do (2 x 1 x1 ).

Reactions: Joshuakahan

Krismo962

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2020
my house!!
In the description it says : " Dwarf SRT Flowerhorn The Dwarf SRT (Super Red Texas) Flowerhorn is a true ‘Dwarf’ variation of the highly coveted SRT. With it’s smaller stature and size, they are more ideal for those with space limitations for a bigger tank. Current batch is around a year old. Full size is around 1” - 1.5” (also their current size)."

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
In the description it says : " Dwarf SRT Flowerhorn The Dwarf SRT (Super Red Texas) Flowerhorn is a true ‘Dwarf’ variation of the highly coveted SRT. With it’s smaller stature and size, they are more ideal for those with space limitations for a bigger tank. Current batch is around a year old. Full size is around 1” - 1.5” (also their current size)."
That’s crazy, if that’s true a 10 -15g would fine for one of them I imagine

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
Now I don't mean to be a @#$@ ,but a 1.5 inch super red texas? I doubt these are real SRT ,and $80? Since they claim it gets 1.5 inches I would say a 15g would do (2 x 1 x1 ).
I'll say petzone is pretty reputable based on the one time I ordered from them but also that listing based on the provided photos for 85$ and the size they are at is way overpriced.

Reactions: Ruturaj

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
And no that's ridiculous. In the provided photos they look SRT x flowerhorn with one of the them looking pretty deformed. Other than the dwarf label nothing gives any indication why they wouldn't grow as big as any flowerhorn hybrid.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I'll say petzone is pretty reputable based on the one time I ordered from them but also that listing based on the provided photos for 85$ and the size they are at is way overpriced.
If it really is a Flowerhorn that only gets 1.5”, I’d say that’s a reasonable price . But I’m pretty sure that’s some kind of mistake

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
There are 2 locations for petzone. One that is great, and one that is sub-par.

The good one has an elderly vietnamese lady. She barely speaks english, and takes good care of her fish. The other one is manned by a few teenage-young adults, and has one elderly folk there. The reason why I say the vietnamese lady is good is because her fish are very well cared for, nobody goes to that fish store so there are always cool fish, and as I got there, she was doing a massive water change, so she actually does water changes. The other one also has a great selectiobn, but I am not sure the employees know a lot.

It is probably a typo. Probably meant 10.5 inches.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
There are 2 locations for petzone. One that is great, and one that is sub-par.

The good one has an elderly vietnamese lady. She barely speaks english, and takes good care of her fish. The other one is manned by a few teenage-young adults, and has one elderly folk there. The reason why I say the vietnamese lady is good is because her fish are very well cared for, nobody goes to that fish store so there are always cool fish, and as I got there, she was doing a massive water change, so she actually does water changes. The other one also has a great selectiobn, but I am not sure the employees know a lot.

It is probably a typo. Probably meant 10.5 inches.
I grew up in San Diego and left about 15 years ago. I don’t know if they’re still around, but there used to be some awesome LFS there. There was That Fish Store and Claremont Tropicals near Kearny Mesa. Fish Haven in Escondido, Wet Pets in Mira Mesa, and Blue Lagoon and Animal House in North Park and then my favorite was Fountains in La Mesa. Those were some of the best anywhere

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store