Eddie's not well need help.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Is i
He dose still come to me when I go to the tank, he will still swim and attempt to bite my fingers through the glass but he always swims slightly head down. After a few mins of been left he'll just drift back to the surface and stay there.

I'm adding some pics don't know if there relevant or not but he has this black mark near his anal vent that's always been there but has seemed to recently get a little bigger and darker, it was the reason I treated with epsom salts as I wondered if it was a blockage but theres been no change after having the Epsom salts added.

I've added quite a few pics as he doesn't like the phone he just want to attack it so won't sit still, hopefully you can see what I mean.

View attachment 1484363

View attachment 1484364

View attachment 1484365

View attachment 1484366

View attachment 1484367

View attachment 1484368

View attachment 1484369

View attachment 1484370

View attachment 1484371
Is it just me or am I unable to view the images

AaronKWolfe

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
I couldn't find the ingredients of CZ so I'm having a hard time finding an alternative, especially because I don't have too much experience with parasites. However, I have heard good things about levamisole. Perhaps that could help? I'll let others chime in on whether or not that is a good idea.

Reactions: Bbuckley

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I couldn't find the ingredients of CZ so I'm having a hard time finding an alternative, especially because I don't have too much experience with parasites. However, I have heard good things about levamisole. Perhaps that could help? I'll let others chime in on whether or not that is a good idea.
Cz Aqua would be better option but if no other option try a round of levamisole if it’s available.

Reactions: Bbuckley

Bbuckley

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2021
Untied Kingdom
Thanks guys I'll look that up I've just been reading about someone that used metronidazole as treatment. What's your thoughts, I can buy this at a pharmacy near me.

Randles

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2021
UK
If this was me I'd go with levamisole you can buy it off ebay in the UK, that's where I've got mine in the past.
Here's some really good information with regards to it being used in the aquarium. Levamisole Hydrochloride

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Levamisole most likely won’t help. It is a dewormer, and after 3 yrs of swimming alone I can’t imagine Eddie suddenly has worms. On the other hand spironucleus can lay dormant for long periods, only to surface when the host comes under stress, then suddenly proliferate in large numbers. I don’t know what this is, but personally I would force feed Metronidazole if I could get some, along with some antibiotics, if I could get some. Much like the CZ formula.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
When force feeding metro plus antibiotics, I would use an epsom salt solution as the liquid base (about 1/2 cup distilled water mixed with 3/4 teaspoon of epsom salt)

Reactions: Bbuckley and RD.

Bbuckley

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2021
Untied Kingdom
Levamisole most likely won’t help. It is a dewormer, and after 3 yrs of swimming alone I can’t imagine Eddie suddenly has worms. On the other hand spironucleus can lay dormant for long periods, only to surface when the host comes under stress, then suddenly proliferate in large numbers. I don’t know what this is, but personally I would force feed Metronidazole if I could get some, along with some antibiotics, if I could get some. Much like the CZ formula.
When force feeding metro plus antibiotics, I would use an epsom salt solution as the liquid base (about 1/2 cup distilled water mixed with 3/4 teaspoon of epsom salt)
Yeah I think the metronidazole is the route I'm going to go is there any type of antibiotic you would recommend.

Going to start treatment today along with daily 50% water changes and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for all your input so far guys it's really been appreciated.

Bbuckley

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2021
Untied Kingdom
Sorry if this comes across as a stupid question but how much of the solution do I force feed him. I'm going to treat one tablet a day I'm assuming I do the whole lot but just wanted to be sure as it's seams like a lot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store