electric blue lobster/crayfish carrying eggs

postpumpkin

Feeder Fish
Oct 21, 2016
canada
so i have an "electric blue lobster" that im fairly certain is just a crayfish (possibly a marbled crayfish but im not 100% sure) i have no other lobsters/crayfish in my tank, only a panda molly, and the crayfish appears to be male (again im not 100% sure since i cant see very well so i cant get a good look at it) but anyway, its been hiding out in a little bell shaped cave (which has been a nice reprieve from having to listen to it trying to climb out of the tank at 3am) but i wanted to make sure it was eating so i shifted the cave with the net so itd come out and when it did i noticed it had a bunch of eggs under its tail. so what i need to know is can they reproduce asexually? also if anyone could tell me for sure whether its a marbled crayfish id appreciate it. i really dont want to have to deal with eggs and hatchlings since i have no money or space for another tank for any babies and honestly i dont want any more "lobsters" so what could i do?
(this is larry, the "lobster" in question)
IMG_1654.JPG

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
It could be a marmorkreb (self cloning crayfish). If it is carrying eggs, you will have baby crayfish in a couple of weeks. You can give them away of donate them to a LFS. The small crayfish are a good food for larger fish.

postpumpkin

Feeder Fish
Oct 21, 2016
canada
It could be a marmorkreb (self cloning crayfish). If it is carrying eggs, you will have baby crayfish in a couple of weeks. You can give them away of donate them to a LFS. The small crayfish are a good food for larger fish.
thanks! i dont have any large fish, i only have a panda molly and the one crayfish, but im wondering will the crayfish eat the babies? i have a coworker who will want one, maybe , but of theres a lot of survivors itll be a real pain for me since the only fish store is really far from me.. thanks again for your help!

postpumpkin

Feeder Fish
Oct 21, 2016
canada
U can also grow out and sell any surviving babies
yeah, my coworker will want one or two to replace the one she used to have but if there are any more than that ill probably just make a listing for them online. i sort of hope not tho because i dont really have room to grow them lol. thanks~

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
thanks! i dont have any large fish, i only have a panda molly and the one crayfish, but im wondering will the crayfish eat the babies? i have a coworker who will want one, maybe , but of theres a lot of survivors itll be a real pain for me since the only fish store is really far from me.. thanks again for your help!
Yes, crayfish will eat their babies. However, if there are enough hiding places , they will survive.

Markray

Feeder Fish
Jan 23, 2018
I have EBCrays and 30 babies in tank. How long till I can remove the babies without them dying.

sam.i.am

Feeder Fish
Mar 13, 2018
I'm looking for some help as well, my Mojo has the eggs attatched to her, i moved her to a floating tank the aquarium. how long till they fall off her and i can put her back?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store