Electric Yellow Labs - holding?

sunny_d

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2007
Alberta
I think this may be the second time one of my female yellow's is holding.
I believe she ate the first batch....which I am assuming is normal?
I cant seem to find a bredding tank to put her in that fits on the side of my tank...she is currently in a 90 gallon tank.
Take a look at these pics and let me know if you think she is holding :)

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Sure looks like it to me.

rockinthe40ounce

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2007
west virginia
awsome fish

sunny_d

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2007
Alberta
I've never had any fish yet that have breeded...
I know I would like to separate her from the rest of the tank...but I cant find a breeding tank that will fit on the 90 gallon....
any ideas? I'm sure they will get eaten....I would like to keep them

Pelotadawg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Even if you don't separate her eventually some will survive.My sister started with 3 labs 5 years ago with Loaches /jack Dempsey/plecos/catfish and other African chiclids.She now has 11 yellow labs and has traded in and given away lots.Only 1 or 2 usually survive but she had 7 survive once when she had lots of java ferns all in one corner of the tank.I would of thought it imposable for her to have survivors in that tank.When they get about the size of dime they start to come out and show them selves once in a while.I wounder how they make it with the bright yellow color?It dose not camouflage them very well.

sunny_d

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2007
Alberta
yeha the yellow is very bright....I really hope that I do have some survivors....you know how long it takes them to grow from being so small?

sunny_d

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2007
Alberta
Well I hope that they will be fast....I am actually getting really excited!!!!
I'm going to be a grammy hahaha
So does this mean that if any survive...I am looking at more yellow ones?
since mine are all yellow...

Pelotadawg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
They are all yellow as far as I know.If they are from low quality stock they will get black faded broken bands on them.My sisters came from a breeder in Ft Peirce Florida and the are bright yellow .The only time they show any black is the biggest male when he is breeding and keeping all the other males in their place.He gets a black beard but it goes away if you get ride of the other males that are close to his size.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store