Electric Yellow Labs - holding?

WolfFisho1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
if you have enough plants some should survive. but more would survive in a new tank! and the female can be harrased by the male too. because they want to keep breeding! this doesnt always happen but sometimes it does!

chico3611

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
North NJ
Get some small rocks( river pebles used for landscaping) and build them up so none of you biger fish can swim in...this way they have a little refuge to hide in all day. Take some pics if you can, we would love to see them once they are out. I have 7 electric yellows all juvinials, I cant wait for them to breed once there big enough.

focker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2006
usa
ive got a pair of yellows that breed consistantly and i get 50-54 eggs per batch. my lfs cant believe im getting that many out of brooders.

sunny_d

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2007
Alberta
I'm pretty sure she is still holding...there are tons of smaller plants on one side of the tank..close together....I really do hope that some survive! That would be sooo awesome!!!
Hey....the female that is holding....should her through be like greyish-black and almost look like she has some light dark coloured stripes going down the sides of her body??

sunny_d

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2007
Alberta
ok...she has released.....cant see them anywheres in there though...how small would they be?
and omg she looks really good now....i hope that atleast 1 survives....

fish head )'>

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
S.E. Michigan
After a few weeks I pull the fry out and put them in a fry holder so that they are in the same water. From my understanding, they are very sensitive to drastic water changes at that point. The first pic is my baby tank of yellow labs and peacocks. You can see a couple of different sets of spawns. The second is some peacocks in the fry holder. And the third is a picture of a wiggler, still with its yolk sack. If I lose track and pull them too early, the mom will suck them back up and hold them, then I put her back in the big tank until they are done baking.

I agree, that with enough hiding places, if left on their own, a few will make it to adult.

congrats, and have fun.

100_9591.jpg

100_8732.jpg

100_8238.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store