Ever been bitten by a snake?

Southernfryedyankee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2008
South Cackalacky
I was an avid ball python breeder before I had to sell all my snakes, so yes I have been bit a few times :)

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
I use to have a ATB....'nuff said!

The most painful was from a 4ft RTB. I thought I had the jump on her and jerked back...I lost and next thing I know I have a snake flying through the air ripping my flesh as she leaves my hand. I swear I thought I was going to bleed out!

I had to get out of keeping snakes. Not cause of the pain or being scared of being bitten, but for some reason my heart couldnt take it. Everytime they would strike my heart would skip a beat or something and Id get odd chest pains!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
When I was about 13yrs. old Iwas bitten on my finger by what turned out to be a Copperhead,poisonous but not the most potent but the fangs did some real damage to my finger causing me to spend the summer in the hospital and a reptile handler from the Phila. Zoo was called in to talk with the doctors.

junglej

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2007
appleton,wi
i've been bit by my jcp, 5 ft female ball, amazon tree boa, cali king, and the worst was a green tree python at a pet store i used to work for.

Passionate 4 pikes

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2008
Manaus, Brazil
AquataHolic420;612785; said:
i stay away from snakes, i showed this one who was boss, i released it 3 days after i caught it.
Wow!!! that is an amazing snake thanks for sharing.
i have been bit by a lot of snakes but the most recent one was the worst. it was a 3 foot boa constrictor that hated anybody. it was crazy! the teeth just slice your hand. i also loved that snake but my mom has baned me from getting a snake again because of it:(

Passionate 4 pikes

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2008
Manaus, Brazil
me_wee_todded;618900; said:
been bit for real by black widows twice and by a brown recluse once been stung by scorpions like 7 times. been bit by hognose snakes and bull snakes.
BULL SNAKES SUCK
been sting by a cowkiller that was the worst ever
Obviously you handle spiders ALOT i have held black widows ntouched a brazilian wandering spider and held numerous scorpions and havent been bit much.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store