Ever been bitten by a snake?

freeskierrocket

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2005
SouthEast, PA, USA
:nilly: I took my ATB out yesterday and holy crap he's now 3'.5 '' almost 4 ', almost scarry.......he's a lunatic and tried to eat my finger............ like he would a mouse.....he latched on and wrapped around my hand...........I grabbed him behind the jaws and worked him off.....but holy blood everywhere & it hell it hurt (kinda)...hahahahahah!!!!:headbang2 :D

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
wild caught;630235; said:
where do you work?

Brandywine Zoo

freeskierrocket;630249; said:
:nilly: I took my ATB out yesterday and holy crap he's now 3'.5 '' almost 4 ', almost scarry.......he's a lunatic and tried to eat my finger............ like he would a mouse.....he latched on and wrapped around my hand...........I grabbed him behind the jaws and worked him off.....but holy blood everywhere & it hell it hurt (kinda)...hahahahahah!!!!:headbang2 :D
Ouch! Did you read that Matt? If you want, I can give you a tour sometime.

freeskierrocket

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2005
SouthEast, PA, USA
RadleyMiller;630302; said:
Brandywine Zoo

Ouch! Did you read that Matt? If you want, I can give you a tour sometime.
Cool bro, I'll definatly take you up on that offer........truthfully I didn'teven know there was a zoo in the brandywine, where exactly??? is that a seasonal summer gig??:)

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
freeskierrocket;630312; said:
Cool bro, I'll definatly take you up on that offer........truthfully I didn'teven know there was a zoo in the brandywine, where exactly??? is that a seasonal summer gig??:)
I don't want to derail the thread, but I work there as a seasonal educator (this summer through Americorps) and during the year I do special events and lead training sessions.

Zeppelin3k

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2006
Appleton, WI
Tesla_HV;612824; said:
So, do you ever get used to the bites? I work with high voltage and have been shocked many many times. I can't say that I enjoy it but it is getting less of a big deal than at first.
i work at a paper mill, get paper cuts non stop, i have about 25 or more of them on my hands, fingers, and arms at the moment, they dont even phase me any more. shows how you get use to things.

pytonson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2005
Bromma, Stockholm, Sweden

Non venomous snake bite are nothing compare too paper cuts. That's realy hurts. If you don't been bitten by a large retic, of course. It's serrated teeth will rip of skin and tendons if you try too pull back the bitten part. White lips will do the same in a smaller scale. Chondros long teeth can puncture veins and cause a hematoma. Eye lids are no protection for snake bits. A feeding bite from a large python will hurt. First the bite will penetrate your flesh, then the bite will pulled sideways in the wound. And that will hurt.

Kioka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Still nothing compare to a lizard bite... even a Leopard Gecko hurts more than a Green Tree Python bite.

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
9 foot burmese python bit me on the face, chicken snake on the leg and black snake on the ankle, never any poisonous snakes.

Got stung by a stonefish in the Florida Keys, spent three days in Fisherman's Hospital in Marathon and got stung by a scorpion, did not go to the doctor for that one.

pytonson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2005
Bromma, Stockholm, Sweden
Kioka;1711235; said:
Still nothing compare to a lizard bite... even a Leopard Gecko hurts more than a Green Tree Python bite.
I've got my right hand and arm trashed in a few seconds by a Tokay. I was suprised.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store