face biting

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Thanks everyone. Del has been hiding in the sand a lot recently. Not sure if the del is hiding for fun or out of fear. Really hope it's not the second.

Her nostrils are shorter today. My mom thinks the moke bit them off. Other than that, no signs of shredding or wounds....I'm not holding my breath though. We will see....

Reactions: jaws7777 and magpie

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Was she totally healed from the prior attack? So you'll be able to tell if her fins are shredded again?

Reactions: clm08k

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
:(

Maybe you can find a rehome Moke who is known to be OK with other fish? Soba is no problem so I know they exist.

Maybe Cohazard Cohazard has one you can have, he has plenty to spare. ;) (kiddingnotkidding)

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Can you light the tank dimly (indirectly) at night and set up a go pro video or something? Or maybe stalk them after lights out? If you're not seeing it during the day maybe it's happening after lights out?

If they're acting notably differently she is probably doing something, but maybe not, I don't know enough about fish behavior... is it really obvious that there's a change with her in there? Do they "remember" fish?

I wish I had answers for you, I am totally grasping at straws for you.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Maybe just throw the divider up give it some time. Its sucks but sometimes a troublemaker doesnt change

Reactions: magpie

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Maybe just throw the divider up give it some time. Its sucks but sometimes a troublemaker doesnt change

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Can you light the tank dimly (indirectly) at night and set up a go pro video or something? Or maybe stalk them after lights out? If you're not seeing it during the day maybe it's happening after lights out?

If they're acting notably differently she is probably doing something, but maybe not, I don't know enough about fish behavior... is it really obvious that there's a change with her in there? Do they "remember" fish?

I wish I had answers for you, I am totally grasping at straws for you.
Yeah I think they remember her. They were staying as far away as they could. An interesting behavior I observed was the del "bowing" her head to the moke on several occasions. I'm guessing this is a submissive behavior?

Anyhow, so my mom has been monitoring the tank(she's at home during the day) and keeping an eye on the moke. Del has been burying herself more and more in the sand every day.
Today the moke bit the del's back when she was hidden in the sand. Spooked her. 2nd offense: moke grabbed the del and waved her like a windshield wiper. Moke is back in the 10 gal QT. .......:( thinking I'm going to have to rehome her.

Reactions: magpie and jaws7777

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Give it some time. Let the delhezi really put in some size. Think it'll change by the time the moke is re-introduced.

Keep the mokelemembe in qt for a couple of months if ur able.

See what happens.

Reactions: clm08k and magpie
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store