Favorite LFS "CUSTOMER" STORIES ...

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
After reading this most of the stories are not funny but sad. I say this having lived through too many of them including the jerks who came in just to mess with the employees because they thought they were smarter. Over the years I preferred dealing with the uneducated or misinformed than the know it all idiots. Did you ever think maybe that person was having a bad day and didn't need your crap? Or maybe just got through either explaining for an hour how to keep a tank, knowing that said person would end up ignoring all your answers, or dealing with someone who didn't care what you told them because they already had their mind made up and were not going to listen to any BS from a Petsmart employee. Maybe try having a little courtesy next time you morons and think how you would feel if someone came to your work just to mess with you.

oscaroo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
After reading this most of the stories are not funny but sad. I say this having lived through too many of them including the jerks who came in just to mess with the employees because they thought they were smarter. Over the years I preferred dealing with the uneducated or misinformed than the know it all idiots. Did you ever think maybe that person was having a bad day and didn't need your crap? Or maybe just got through either explaining for an hour how to keep a tank, knowing that said person would end up ignoring all your answers, or dealing with someone who didn't care what you told them because they already had their mind made up and were not going to listen to any BS from a Petsmart employee. Maybe try having a little courtesy next time you morons and think how you would feel if someone came to your work just to mess with you.
Like half the peaople were LFS staff and I camplemented my petsmarts and petcos...

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
Like half the peaople were LFS staff and I camplemented my petsmarts and petcos...
Yes you did. Not saying that every employee in every Petsmart knows what they are talking about, but if you really do have knowledge why are you at Petsmart/Petco to begin with? Buy your cheap fish and move on.

oscaroo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
Yes you did. Not saying that every employee in every Petsmart knows what they are talking about, but if you really do have knowledge why are you at Petsmart/Petco to begin with? Buy your cheap fish and move on.
um... whats wrong with petcos and petsmarts, some are good and some are bad... chris buys from petsmart and he is an expert... There are no good LFS near me that sell freshwater... Now stop it beacause you will get this thread closed!!!!!!!!!!!:wall: Some peaople who join chains are honest peaople who love the hobby, not saying everyboudy at my petsmart is but most of them are...

and yes, elier in the thread i conplained about a petsmart that i went to once... the other one near me is good...

if you knew the guy at my petco and didn't know he worked there you would take his advice and have healthy fish...

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
Yes some are good, some are bad, the point was that idiots going in simply to mess with the employees does not help the situation any. Very few knowledgable people go to these chain stores and fewer still go for the experience, they are looking for some cheap fish or some mistakes that came in. If you have issues at a particular one fine, but you don't need to go in being a jerk.

oscaroo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
Yes some are good, some are bad, the point was that idiots going in simply to mess with the employees does not help the situation any. Very few knowledgable people go to these chain stores and fewer still go for the experience, they are looking for some cheap fish or some mistakes that came in. If you have issues at a particular one fine, but you don't need to go in being a jerk.
I don't mess with them...

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
I don't mess with them...
I know, my comments were not directed at you.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY

jordanhunt

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2012
wisbech united kingdom
I bought 2 synodontis the other day and when the employee bagged them up i told her to double bag it because of the catfish spines, anyway she just stared at me blankly and shoved the bag in my face, on the way home I saw water squirting out of the bag and the rest of the whole journey was me trying to hold a wet bag that was all floppy because the air all escaped, stupid employee almost cost me my two syno's

One day I saw a little spoiled kid shouting at his parents that he wanted a Bala shark, when the employee netted the Bala it jumped out of the net and bounced off the mom's shoulder, she was shouting a lot of BS like ooh it but me, when the employee picked it back up the family were all like WOW your picking up a shark, anyway when the family were leaving I said nice minnow and they just stared at me like I was some kind of scum bag :D

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store