Filtration for 300 gallons

pettski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2017
Norway
Hey, can't get a sump so it's out of the question (for now) But will two eheim 2260 be enough filtration for bichirs and 1 or two african pikes :)? Kind regards

nossalucard

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
North Carolina
Hey, can't get a sump so it's out of the question (for now) But will two eheim 2260 be enough filtration for bichirs and 1 or two african pikes :)? Kind regards

Should be PLENTY!

If I ever get my planned 300 <sigh> my plan is 1-2262, 2-FX6's, and a Sunsun 304B, with 2-3 Aquaclear 110's.

Overkill YES, but I already have all of the filters (2262 and 1-FX6 still NIB). I just cant seem to get the tank as the house we bought(2-years now) keeps needing somethin(deck, privacy fence, roof replacement, drainage work, etc, etc

This "investment" better pay off one day, as I could of bought almost 5 - 7 new 300 gallon tanks at this point.

Starting to think I'll never get the tank, trying not to give up. Being "responsible" suxx...

takagari

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2009
Manitoba
WEll a sump would be 1/10th the price of those Cans really and still works better, much easier to clean. I'd try real hard to go the sump method.

Reactions: Bigfishnut

Dixon81

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
Massachusetts
Why cant you do a sump right now? I've always wondered why people who have these large beautiful tanks make them look like crap, cramming them full of equipment. Get a sump, hide all the equipment and enjoy your tank with fish and decorations, not equipment.

Jhay3513

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Why cant you do a sump right now? I've always wondered why people who have these large beautiful tanks make them look like crap, cramming them full of equipment. Get a sump, hide all the equipment and enjoy your tank with fish and decorations, not equipment.
This, this, and more this!!!!!!

Reactions: Bigfishnut

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
Sumps don't have to be complicated or expensive to WAY outperform HOB's or cans. I run sumps on every tank I own...and that's a lot of tanks! Wouldn't think of running anything but a sump on any tank over 100 gallons.

Reactions: Jhay3513

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Will possibly do one later, but i can't right now, that's why i wondered if multiple cans will do it for now
They will most certainly do. I have run this exact combination in the past as well. Eheims are great and once well cycled can handle an impressive bioload.

pettski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2017
Norway
How big of a sump would i need? I guess i can ask the guys that build my aquarium to build a custom sump, but stuff is expensive here in Norway haha, 5000 for the tank/lights is the price i have to pay. Cant really afford another 2000 dollars for a sump

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store