Filtration for Heavy BioLoad....

STINGRAYED

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2012
us
The linking up method works just great I zaps then keeps zapping depending on the amount of units you
Have

The hose tails are also clear blue which lights up the hoses connected

I have over 5ft of contact time the way mines set up you wouldn't get that from one unit if you did have a 5ft single unit where would you put that super long unit let along the 11ft space you would need to change the tube

Even the very high pice units use the in out system just they have compacted it down

Come on DB you have talked to the guy who sell the $1200 units and he has said they are great and given you the hard sell of course he will HES a sales man of course he will big up his product

I have made the same thing that does the same job for a 1/3 of the price

Look at it another way if off the shelf and most expensive was the best why don't we all have top of the range purpose made sumps that cost $3000 made by a top brand
I tell you why we all get sumps made by tank makes which do the same job as a $3000 but for $150 does this mean you get what you pay for and our sumps are crap or does it mean we done the smart thing and saved $2850 on buying cheap and have that extra money to by a pair of bd

I hope all you guys saying you get what you pay for have $3000 sumps with gold plated pipes because you do get what you pay for right yes it may look nice but who cares its under my tank and I NEVER see it

You guys are all to fast to tell me mine doesn't work as well as a $1200-2000 unit without even owning the high priced unit you can big something up when you have been using this high priced unit until then you have no proof of your own just the word of a sales man or how good it looks on paper
I have the proof in running mine and that's all I need come back in 20 years when you have been running your high price units

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Now don't get all bent out of shape T1 i am not saying your units do not work !!!! All i am saying is technology changes in 20 years years ...They have come a long way things change and always are sometimes for the better sometimes not;)

jeffers

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2009
southern indiana
doing more research on the algae scrubber you size it to the amount of food you feed rather than gallons. lots of interesting things on them. sizes are smaller than originally thought i would need. thinking of doing 3 12x12" on top of the tank. that is def doable and wont need as much space as i thought.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Made this for you.
[video=youtube_share;OH1HdHqG0rY]http://youtu.be/OH1HdHqG0rY[/video]
that looks great what is the white radiator looking thing with 3 vertical tubes on the back if its a uv then that also uses the in out method

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Now don't get all bent out of shape T1 i am not saying your units do not work !!!! All i am saying is technology changes in 20 years years ...They have come a long way things change and always are sometimes for the better sometimes not;)
things may change the idea is the same contact time with uv light

you can still buy my units brand new for $200 each useing 4 would cost you $800 if you buy new but you can buy the units as cheap as $40 second hand all the brakable parts are cheap so buying second hand is cheap

STINGRAYED

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2012
us
things may change the idea is the same contact time with uv light

you can still buy my units brand new for $200 each useing 4 would cost you $800 if you buy new but you can buy the units as cheap as $40 second hand all the brakable parts are cheap so buying second hand is cheap
again the body of a unit is irrelevent i understand what you are saying ...But lamps are not created equal T1 take for instance i run a 58 watt high output on my 650 now the lamp for it is very intense if plugged in out of the housing like a mig welder arc !!!another company makes a 57 watt if i plug that unit in out of it's housing it is no more intense then a strong light bulb get my drift T1...

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
again the body of a unit is irrelevent i understand what you are saying ...But lamps are not created equal T1 take for instance i run a 58 watt high output on my 650 now the lamp for it is very intense if plugged in out of the housing like a mig welder arc !!!another company makes a 57 watt if i plug that unit in out of it's housing it is no more intense then a strong light bulb get my drift T1...
WELL TMC make 5 models of my units 9w 15w 25w 35w and 55w the only difference is the lenght of the tube the diameter is the same and the space beteen the light and water is the same

a 25w is stated for a tank size of 1700 liters and a flow rate of 1700 plh if you xs that by 4 or how ever many units you use the contact time will be the same as long as the flow rate doesnt exceed the amount of units you xs it by

if you have a 55w the tube is longer i would say 4ft if im not wrong the sleeve and the tube are the same just longer

if you have say a 100w light bulb and a 60w yes the light is stronger on the 100wbut the bulb is the same size
but with a uv tube a 25w and a 55w are the same thickness but the 55w is longer spreading the watts over a longer space

if you go into a shop and ask for a 55w they dont ask you what lenght its a standard lenght the watage determins the lenght

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
doing more research on the algae scrubber you size it to the amount of food you feed rather than gallons. lots of interesting things on them. sizes are smaller than originally thought i would need. thinking of doing 3 12x12" on top of the tank. that is def doable and wont need as much space as i thought.
The reactor media is the same way, based of amount of food fed.

Supposedly the algae scrubbers eliminate algae in the tank too. I think if one was to devote a tank to scrubbers, but also incorporated other plants I think it should be more then enough to effect Nitrates. Wonder if this tank could double as a home for some crazy frogs..... lol

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
uv on my pond cost about £35.00 does a fantastic job and i use cheap bulbs ( but you have to replace them more often... that said they only have to last 6 mths anyhow so the cheap ones are fine )

the light output isnt great visibly but i realise that you cant see all uv light and only a small amount of the uv spectrum is visible (and not necessarily the one thats useful for killing bacteria / clumping algae )

you get what you pay for to a reasonable extent ( a longer life span in terms of useful life of the lamp ...it might stay light or even be bright blue but at that point might not be very useful if at all. just because its lit doesnt mean its working effectivley ) but you get ripped off if you go too far.

most expensive lamp + most expensive housing is what it boils down to and if your willing to pay the most expensive prices for these then good for you but you can usually get the most expensive at good prices if you research and you can get good quality for even better prices and if you want to go further you can so long as you get something fit for purpose.

that said i dont think UV's are necessary for standard tanks or even standard ray tanks and see little point.
so many people have big success without using UV that i think if you actually NEED to use UV then you are possibly doing something wrong to start with.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
The whole comparing UV conversation isn't worth the headache anymore. It's like arguing which pumps are most efficient without being able to measure wattage.....

Nobody knows kill rate on thier UVs so no way to compare. Unless you know an engineer that can use a program to crunch #s and figure out kill rate. Then even when you do know someone and you try to relay the information people are too stubborn to listen.

Can lead a horse to water but........

wmkr

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2005
m'sia
Made this for you.
[video=youtube_share;OH1HdHqG0rY]http://youtu.be/OH1HdHqG0rY[/video]

wow very nice... I just want to know how good is the K1 reactor working.. what does it do... sorry for a newbie question..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store