Fire eel is completely white

Night owl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2017
Hi I was wondering if I could get some help I purchased a fire eel and 2 bolivian rams at my lfs today and I noticed these white specks on the fire eels tail so I thought it was ich so I added 1/3 dose to the tank to see if that helps. We'll now the eel is completely white and I'm unsure what to do the rest of my fish are OK I'm just concerned about my little buddy.

Night owl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2017
He's in a 33 gallon at the moment with my pair of angels and my red skirt tetras, and my gold gourami and my paradise fish as well as 3 pictus and a Pleco unsure of the pH and ammonia

Night owl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2017
I
https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/...ealth-diagnostics-read-before-posting.210102/

Try to post the above information. At least some of it.

You need to get the water parameters (pH, temp, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates) and post them. A good picture would be very helpful.

And idk what 1/3 dose means. 1/3 dose of what?
Used a copper based medicine for ich and the temp in tank is now 79°F I moved him to a 22 gallon were I changed water to have all the ammonia taken out I hope I did good

Night owl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2017
As for His coloring now that he has been moved has returned but was notified that he had ammonia burns

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
Okay, I see you have another thread in the eels forum.

I would not have used copper, especially for ich. Heat alone, salt alone, or preferably both in combination are relatively safe and very effective means of treating ich.

Copper has many negatives.

As for the ammonia burns, depending on how severe, you will need to make sure that the tank the eel is in has pristine water conditions. So please post the water parameters in the tank it's in.

Reactions: clm08k

Night owl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2017
Okay, I see you have another thread in the eels forum.

I would not have used copper, especially for ich. Heat alone, salt alone, or preferably both in combination are relatively safe and very effective means of treating ich.

Copper has many negatives.

As for the ammonia burns, depending on how severe, you will need to make sure that the tank the eel is in has pristine water conditions. So please post the water parameters in the tank it's in.
OK I know for next time and I'll test the water and update

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store