First Arowana

flukeone

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2019
Mauritius
Little update on my little buddy

he is now 25cm long

today I tried feeding him market prawns for the first time. To say he liked it would be a big understatment. liked it so much that he spit out the dried shrimp he used to eat ?. he still ate the hikari foodsticks in between the prawns so that's that ( I don't want him to be on a single diet). i'll try more hikari and shrimp tomorrow.

First time i prepare food for a fish that involves more than opening a plastic container

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
For the leaves typically you want ones that have fallen naturally or almost fallen. The tree takes back the sugars from the leaves this is why the wither and die. Those sugars will still be in the leave and can cause fungus to grow on them in the water. Best to take fallen.

Reactions: flukeone

flukeone

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2019
Mauritius
For the leaves typically you want ones that have fallen naturally or almost fallen. The tree takes back the sugars from the leaves this is why the wither and die. Those sugars will still be in the leave and can cause fungus to grow on them in the water. Best to take fallen.
A friend and experienced aro keeping told me that. So got rid of the ones i picked and went to look for fallen leaves. Neighbors might think i'm crazy, scavenging for leaves XD

Reactions: twentyleagues

flukeone

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2019
Mauritius
Long time no post. No news good news. Aro is doing well but there has been some developments in his nutrition better summed up by this meme: 20191118_153131.jpg

The shark was around 6cm. Had 5 of them, then a few days ago one went missing. And yesterday I saw live what happened ?. Moved the 3 survivors to the second tank.

So much about avoiding live food ? luckily he stills likes pellets and dried krill and shrimp. When I get the guppy pond I guess I know now how to deal with overpopulation ?

flukeone

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2019
Mauritius
Quick question about feeding. My arow is now around 30cm or a foot long. I feed him everyday but he seems to eat less than before. Around 8-10 hikari foodstick + 2-3 dried shrimp on average (somedays up to 6 shrimps tho). Is this normal for an aro this size?

I guess yes since i'm feeding every day. But still. Doesn't seem much for a fish that size. Otherwise he looks healthy and doesn't seem stressed or anything

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store