First Polypterus: need advice!

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
clm08k clm08k got some black and mixed it into her white. Chelsea, do you think it helped? That's something you could do instead of totally replacing it for now until you upgrade...

elbereth

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2018
Toronto, Canada
clm08k clm08k got some black and mixed it into her white. Chelsea, do you think it helped? That's something you could do instead of totally replacing it for now until you upgrade...
I thought of doing that but I have yet to find a black sand of the same particle sand as my PFS. Anything bigger or smaller and it won't mix.

Reactions: magpie and clm08k

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 the rescue polli looks night and day better!

The Polli will settle I'm sure! As for eyesight, they're not that blind. My Polli would follow my finger around the tank.

My UJ polys looked great on a natural looking mix... I don't think garnet is as important to UJs as LJs but I do think pure white tends to wash them out more. View attachment 1314074 View attachment 1314075
Macaroni looks so svelt in these pics :) she’s super small and cute.

For substrate: I loved your natural looking mix. Definitely think everyone was darker in your tank. Would totally get garnet if I could.

For my sand, I think the black helped decrease washout. I did notice that the polys were much darker when on all black in quarantine. However, my main tank had white sand. Every one looked washed out until I added some black to the mix. Oreo colored sand took a while to get used to, but I like it now. Think the polys do too.

Reactions: magpie
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store