first try decorations

mniles

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
Depends on the fish stock because trust me it'll be a pain to gravel vac and get crap out of those. I have some fake grass in my tank and seems like they from the water flow it just gets stuck in there. I have to tie down like an anchor to my plants because my fish will break it off
I added a power head to move the grass around a bit and angled it to try and shoot some water under and through the leaves, but I can already see what your saying with debree gathering even after first feeding since I put them in. Kinda stinks.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I added a power head to move the grass around a bit and angled it to try and shoot some water under and through the leaves, but I can already see what your saying with debree gathering even after first feeding since I put them in. Kinda stinks.
Perhaps a bunch of smaller species of loaches may help by constantly rummaging through the undergrowth and stirring debris up

mniles

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
Perhaps a bunch of smaller species of loaches may help by constantly rummaging through the undergrowth and stirring debris up
Good idea, any idea how they do with bichirs? I think the will be fine now but i don't know if they will be big enough to eat them soon. Although some small fish they just seem to ignore so I dunno

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Sorry, never kept bichirs before, so I have no idea

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store