Covetous

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Florida
Their mangroves, just the angle of the pic kinda makes the one look abit like a schoolmaster. Spot on with the others . We also caught a couple nice kingfish.

Reactions: Frank Castle

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Been a busy 6 days for me, only having time to use my phone for pictures. Thankfully, those days were spent on the Yellow Breeches Creek in SCPA fly fishing in the mornings and evenings. Pretty slow few days with NOT ONE significant hatch occurring the entire time, but the Brownies were willing to take Caddis pupa and a green weenie that slayed over half of the fish. Landed 10 Browns from 10-16", lost and missed a few more, got 2 unidentified Shiners (Cyprinella sp ?, any thought on the first picture?), a little 2" Creek Chub, and what I think might be a small Fallfish, around 5-6". I'm definitely in the market for a 9' #4 fly rod with a nice arbor reel after having those Browns ABUSE my 7' #3 with a click and pawl I use for native Brookies, those fish were hard just to get off of the bottom with that setup, but certainly fun! All fish were released. The rest of the summer is going to be hectic but fun with trips in the works for the next two months for native Brookies in NCPA; Lakers, Salmon, and Chromers on Lake Ontario; Musky on Lake Chautauqua; hopefully another trip back out to SCPA for wild Browns ans stockers of all three species; and of course all of my standard trips on Lake Erie for Steelhead, Drum , Pike, and Gar with some diving trips in the mix as well.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Been a busy 6 days for me, only having time to use my phone for pictures. Thankfully, those days were spent on the Yellow Breeches Creek in SCPA fly fishing in the mornings and evenings. Pretty slow few days with NOT ONE significant hatch occurring the entire time, but the Brownies were willing to take Caddis pupa and a green weenie that slayed over half of the fish. Landed 10 Browns from 10-16", lost and missed a few more, got 2 unidentified Shiners (Cyprinella sp ?, any thought on the first picture?), a little 2" Creek Chub, and what I think might be a small Fallfish, around 5-6". I'm definitely in the market for a 9' #4 fly rod with a nice arbor reel after having those Browns ABUSE my 7' #3 with a click and pawl I use for native Brookies, those fish were hard just to get off of the bottom with that setup, but certainly fun! All fish were released. The rest of the summer is going to be hectic but fun with trips in the works for the next two months for native Brookies in NCPA; Lakers, Salmon, and Chromers on Lake Ontario; Musky on Lake Chautauqua; hopefully another trip back out to SCPA for wild Browns ans stockers of all three species; and of course all of my standard trips on Lake Erie for Steelhead, Drum , Pike, and Gar with some diving trips in the mix as well.

View attachment 1190345

View attachment 1190346

View attachment 1190347

View attachment 1190348

View attachment 1190349

View attachment 1190350
What is a "Chromer"?
I think I agree w/ you, it's a Fallfish. Shiners would look differently and at 6" I say it would be much taller. It lacks the dark stripe of a Chub. Chubs and Fallfish are similar in every way except Max size.

I tried a few spots last weekend I didn't even feel were worth mentioning but since it's been a week and I'm not pissed off anymore, we tried a new spot in the Schuylkill River last Friday and for 3 hours all I got was a little 22" Channel Cat and a couple Chubs and Sucker bit in half we were using as bait. Tried a new lake in a new area the next day and aside from the crowd of a HUNDRED+ people at a place we went to enjoy nature, we got nothing but more baitfish bit in half, and the one Bass I did manage to hook took me deep into Lily pads and I had to snap off. :(

Today we fished the confluence of the lower end of 2 Trout/Smallmouth creeks and is often home to Muskellunge and Pike but all I got was a little 6" Smallie that jumped and spit my hook. My mom caught 2 Yellow Bullheads around 8-10" and my friend got a 16" Channel cat and a Bluegill. Again, aside fromm us 3, there 5 other people fishing from the bank and 2 in a boat. I was amazed that many people were there, but weekends always suck for serious anglers if u can't find a spot away from everyone else. The guys on the boat were doing well, and landed a 12"+ Smallie as they drifted by us and one of the guys fishing next to us got a 12" Largemouth. Not enough fish for 10 people, IMO.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I've just joined a local syndicate water it's very nice and there ponds are stocked full with carp :) I went down to a couple of the ponds there only small but are kept in perfect condition as are the fish , no rubbish no plastic bags or car tyres and that's a rare find near me lol.
So once I've got my weekend work out the wy guess where I'm off to this afternoon/eve , wish me luck people there's a 28lb common in one of the ponds so one of my rods has to be targeting that bad boy

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I've just joined a local syndicate water it's very nice and there ponds are stocked full with carp :) I went down to a couple of the ponds there only small but are kept in perfect condition as are the fish , no rubbish no plastic bags or car tyres and that's a rare find near me lol.
So once I've got my weekend work out the wy guess where I'm off to this afternoon/eve , wish me luck people there's a 28lb common in one of the ponds so one of my rods has to be targeting that bad boy
28lbs? What are you still here for? lol Go get 'em

Reactions: Evz jardini

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I know mate I'm itching to get out there but got loads to sort out before I can spare the time :(
I've never fished the waters so I've no idea about the pond or baits yet but it won't take me long with my bait bucket of treats ;)

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I know mate I'm itching to get out there but got loads to sort out before I can spare the time :(
I've never fished the waters so I've no idea about the pond or baits yet but it won't take me long with my bait bucket of treats ;)
chum while you fish, then come back the next day and fish again after they are all chummed-up. Mulberries should be growing now too, right? I'd use those....they wait all year for them to fall off the trees into the water. We only get a month maybe to use them per year then they're gone again :(

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I think it's a pressured water frank as the clubs got quite a few members so if I pre bait a swim chances are someone will be in my spot tomorrow:( , I'll probably spod a load of particle mix out when get there and fish three rods all different baits see what goes first , of course if it's sunny and I can get them on the surface I'll smash it using dog biscuits free lining on one of my rods staking them out and putting it on there noses lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store