Floating Porkchop

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Alright. Working on his third poo. He is still floating, but at least he stays upright now. I am going to be very careful when feeding him now. He obviously can't be trusted to control himself
Yup, he just stuffed himself

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Alright. Working on his third poo. He is still floating, but at least he stays upright now. I am going to be very careful when feeding him now. He obviously can't be trusted to control himself
Yup, he just stuffed himself

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
If it is still bloated after all the poops and peas (lol). Soak some of the pellets, next time you feed, in the epsom salt solution. It helps to get rid of parasites that can cause bloat. - hopefully it’s not parasitic.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
fact that he is eating and pooping is great. Probably bloated from the new food source ( pellets). I am a big pellet fan but I would add them gradually to his diet. Is he still flipping over? If so move him to a small very shallow tank so he doesn't have to fight for bouncy and can breath easily. Continue with the salts like you are and feed he regular diet

Sarahmander

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2018
San Diego
fact that he is eating and pooping is great. Probably bloated from the new food source ( pellets). I am a big pellet fan but I would add them gradually to his diet. Is he still flipping over? If so move him to a small very shallow tank so he doesn't have to fight for bouncy and can breath easily. Continue with the salts like you are and feed he regular diet
He is no longer flipping over and is chilling calmly in a net at the top of the main tank. I put him back in because I wasn't sure how long he could be in the epsom salt. He has taken four very big poops and can now hold himself upright. I was going to give him another epsom salt bath tomorrow morning if he is still having troubles. Should I do that or should I try epsom soaked pellets?

Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
If it is parasitic, are there other signs I can look for? I haven't seen any odd lumps or red streaks.
White poop can be a sign. Sounds like it is most likely too many pellets too fast. Think of a kid who got a hold of the whole Halloween candy bag- floating upside down, until it’s mom makes them eat their vegetables-peas

Reactions: J. H. and tlindsey

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Are the pellets hard or soft?

Sarahmander

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2018
San Diego
Hendre Hendre hard pellets. I wasn't sure what kind to get. Would soft be better?
Matteus Matteus the poop is exactly the color of pellets, so I think it really was just that, but I will be on the lookout just in case.
tlindsey tlindsey he is still floating (but not flipping over) today. No epsom salt? Should I just wait it out?

Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store