Florwehorn Injured himself.. help

TomSinc88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2018
Hello.. My Florwerhorn just injured himself on a gravel hoover while i was away from the tank.. Its definitely through the scales and into the flesh.. but not too deep.. Has anyone any experience with treating flesh wounds and how i can make sure it doesn't get infected.. would be absolutely gutted if he got ill.. hes swimming around fine etc ... its deeper than it looks in pics

cdcdcdcdc.jpg ihfrihf.jpg

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
I've treated goldfish for this before but dont know if FH can be done the same way. I have liitle experience with these. Hope he recovers well for you. Hes beautiful.

TomSinc88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2018
cant get a decent pic that shows how deep it is.. its worse than it looks on cam

IMG_6430.png

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
The injury is visable. I have an Oranda who is a clumsy clod. If I don't watch her carefully during a cleaning she WILL get her wen stuck in the vac and it cuts deep on that soft scaleless flesh.

I make sure the water paramters stay pristine and add a little salt. Usually in a few days she will heal up with little scaring

TomSinc88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2018
Its actually a lot deeper than it looks on camera.. not to fussed on scarring.. just dont want it to get infected.. do you know if ordinary rock salt is ok to add?.. cant get to a petshop until thurs.. did a 50% water change tonight

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
Read the ingredients on the package. Any salt you use in an aquarium should be JUST salt. If it has anticaking agents dont use that. I've used grocery store kosher salt to good effect when Ive run out of pond salt

Reactions: TomSinc88

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
I'd still feel better if a person with FH experience chimed in. Goldfish and these are not the same and I dont want to assume that one fix treats all.

Reactions: TomSinc88

TomSinc88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2018
I think I can get hold of kosher tomorrow.. so will start on that .. someone else advised too with fh exp.. just now.. really appreciate it.. he eats out of my hand so would be gutted to see him ill

Reactions: Go_redfish
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store