Flowerhorn Color

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
Im surprised no one has mentioned the fact that the OP has their tank on the floor and you can see black color/stress bars on the fish. Honestly so many different types of cichlids are totally freaked out being on floor level. I have my theories as to why this makes them so afraid. I stopped keeping tanks on the floor about two years ago due to having flowerhorns that seemed always stressed out. When I moved them up to a tank that was elevated their stress bars went away, they were much more engaged with me instead of scared, and their aggression and interaction level went up as well.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Im surprised no one has mentioned the fact that the OP has their tank on the floor and you can see black color/stress bars on the fish. Honestly so many different types of cichlids are totally freaked out being on floor level. I have my theories as to why this makes them so afraid. I stopped keeping tanks on the floor about two years ago due to having flowerhorns that seemed always stressed out. When I moved them up to a tank that was elevated their stress bars went away, they were much more engaged with me instead of scared, and their aggression and interaction level went up as well.
What's your theory? Mine is legs are fast moving that scares them.

Khalid2325

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2020
Im surprised no one has mentioned the fact that the OP has their tank on the floor and you can see black color/stress bars on the fish. Honestly so many different types of cichlids are totally freaked out being on floor level. I have my theories as to why this makes them so afraid. I stopped keeping tanks on the floor about two years ago due to having flowerhorns that seemed always stressed out. When I moved them up to a tank that was elevated their stress bars went away, they were much more engaged with me instead of scared, and their aggression and interaction level went up
as well.
No brother it’s not on the floor. It’s on a table which marble on it and also now I have moved it into a juwel tank and yes I was about to ask about the stress bars can anyone tell me why the stress bars are constant and not going. The fish is perfectly okay and eating good meals from the first day I bought him. Normally fish does not it well on the first day but mine it eating good enough but I don’t know why it’s stress levels are no decreasing. The stress bars the dark black line are constant. Can anyone please guide me. The pictures I have posted are 2 to 3 days old. I’ll send the picture which I took just now and also I will send the picture of the juwel tank

E3E259CF-AD15-41ED-B545-A42549B5C4C0.jpeg

F818B47A-2090-4FE8-A1AB-B89A619B3246.jpeg

B04A60F6-D1E7-4B31-A9C9-FFA2049D92D8.jpeg

4FB138CD-F577-4A4F-9412-0BE1D91CD3DC.jpeg

925153A2-13CC-446B-8689-C88E5AF0FCD7.jpeg

9E4A686F-8305-4E31-B027-415C9C50E0FE.jpeg

30676BA6-336C-47CD-B7A2-CB53171109A4.jpeg

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
I have noticed cichlids in the lower tanks of my racks or shelves are always more skittish.
Why no one is replying since 2 days
Your aquarium does not look like a good place for a flowerhorn. Also no water movement at the surface. You are worried about fish's stress yet you have your hands on the tank.20200328_150403.jpg

They do not like this. Dont do it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store