Flowerhorn colour enhancer food ?

Armutlu

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 2, 2016
Hello,
Which brand flowerhorn food is the most strong colour enhancer ? My main purpose is making my fish red. Because of this which brand may you recommend me ? I heard some popular brands such as; “Okiko Platinum”, “Xo Ever Red” ,” Xo Super Red”, Grand Sumo Red As I mentioned, I need strong colour enhancer. The KOK of my fish is enough big. Colour is more important for me. I kindly request you informing and sharing your experiences about colour enhancer foods.
I will ve appreciated if you inform me. Besides this photo of my fish is attached. Is his nature proper for turning into red or not ? If not I will not buy extra colour enhancer food and leave him to his own devices.
Kind regards.
140420172215471fw.jpg

Reactions: LovinPhish

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
Just give him some quality pellets and he should be alright. Okiko quick red, grand sumo red, north fin. I wouldn't buy into any of the marketing gimmicks out there for some of the more expensive color enhancing foods out there. And every fish is different. A quality diet and frequent water changes will help bring out his best colors and pearling. Some fish have the genes to have pearls and color all the way across the head and some don't. Regardless you have a beautiful FH and should be proud of it.

LovinPhish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Colorado
Beautiful fish you got there. The food you listed didn't really help my guy but it works for others. I fed my PK (petsmart kamfa) mostly hikari gold his whole life and he looks great. The cheapest way I got my PK to look red was buying some 3M pink tape from Office Depot and tape the top of the glass where the lighting shines down in the tank and instant pink or red fish like the below pic. withiu changing his food. I have another pic of it with no pink red tape too but excuse the dirty algae in the back.

IMG_2242.JPG IMG_2243.JPG

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
Beautiful fish you got there. The food you listed didn't really help my guy but it works for others. I fed my PK (petsmart kamfa) mostly hikari gold his whole life and he looks great. The cheapest way I got my PK to look red was buying some 3M pink tape from Office Depot and tape the top of the glass where the lighting shines down in the tank and instant pink or red fish like the below pic. withiu changing his food. I have another pic of it with no pink red tape too but excuse the dirty algae in the back.

View attachment 1254756 View attachment 1254757
That is awesome that you have brought out the red in your fish with a tinted tape!! In fact many Thailand breeders take pictures of their flowerhorns with red/pink tape or red colored lenses to make the red coloring of the fish really stand out. If you don't have a lighting configuration that will allow you to use tape, I would feed Grand Sumo Red or Hikari Blood Red Parrot Food. I have had great results with both foods in bringing out enhanced red color.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
In fact many Thailand breeders take pictures of their flowerhorns with red/pink tape or red colored lenses to make the red coloring of the fish really stand out
Many Thai breeders use these methods, along with red NAN lights, to deceive buyers. They don't exactly state this up front when promoting their fish online.This isn't a manner in which to "bring out the red", when even white objects turn pink. It's simply a low cost hack.

I wouldn't buy into any of the marketing gimmicks out there for some of the more expensive color enhancing foods out there. And every fish is different. A quality diet and frequent water changes will help bring out his best colors and pearling.
+1

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009

View attachment 1254756 View attachment 1254757
I like this PS Kamfa. wow

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store