Flowerhorn growout

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
'The fish has to be taken out of the water anyway,what difference does it make?
Using his hand to take a fish out has bacteria on his hand, and holding the fish can rip up and scales and can damage other things like his eyes or kok etc. or he can use a net and do a quick little 2 second scoop and slowly drop. Or what he did which is use his hand, hood the fish out of water for extra time for pictures. Just seems stupid to me

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
Using his hand to take a fish out has bacteria on his hand, and holding the fish can rip up and scales and can damage other things like his eyes or kok etc. or he can use a net and do a quick little 2 second scoop and slowly drop. Or what he did which is use his hand, hood the fish out of water for extra time for pictures. Just seems stupid to me
I agree. Much more risk than just using a net.

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
Nothing happened to his fish. Why make such a big fuss about it?
No one's making a "big fuss". What would you say if this method didn't work out and something did happen to the fish? God forbid the fish was dropped. Many risks are lowered if just a net was used. Transportation is already stressful enough. Simply put it's just adding more unnecessary stress to the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store