Flowerhorn growout

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
You’re always ganna have people who are hyper sensitive, that’s the internet. Daisy is ganna love the new tank, can’t wait to see an update.
I’ll get some pictures when I get home, already since he’s been in the 75g I can tell his color has changed a lot, he’s gotten more golden on the back half of his body and a lot of blue specs on his kok which has grown a lot already too.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Enjoying the new space!

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Personally I’d do a bare bottom tank if I ever did fh again. There’s a lot of risks IMO with doing sand or gravel much less both. Like when he’s moving a rock and sand somehow gets in his mouth and he swallows it or chokes on it it’ll be lethal ofc. Just be careful with it, he looks good tho.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn and Deadeye

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I’d also look into a new filter of make a adjustment to yours. The current is very strong.
I took the video while doing a water change. I called today off of work because I slammed my thumb in the car door when I got home from work so I’ve had all day to work on my tanks.

Reactions: Deadeye

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I’m going to try to get a video of this but the lady 2 days I’ve noticed the driftwood with Anubias on it has been in different positions everyday and I just now watched daisy use his head to push the wood. I’m pretty sure he moved it out of the way, piled up rocks and sand So the gravel in one spot is about an inch taller than the rest of the substrate, moving the wood ontop of the pile of rock and currently digging a moat. I’ll do my best to get a video of it

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store