Flowerhorn growout

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
Rtc/tsn Rtc/tsn No I meant you. Magnus_Bane Magnus_Bane is very knowledgeable and can give you good advice. I Just meant how you keep saying "In my opinion". Nothing wrong with it just keep in mind that opinion is not always fact.

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
40 breeder or 55 could hold your flowerhorn for a year or possibly more. Now if your talking for life 75 48x18 footprint is bare minimum. For life 40b or 55 would be far less then ideal.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Look up some full grown versions of your fish. That’s what you will be getting if you care for them properly. Especially when u said u want to keep them for their whole life span.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Meet my sleep paralysis demon, her name is daisy.
But seriously she watches me while I sleep so I have to have my head underneath the blanket or put some type of barrier between me and her. Can anyone think of any other solutions to this problem. Kinda startling to wake up with blurry eyes at 3 in the morning and see a fish staring directly into your soul lol

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Put a book or something to block it.
This is my view of the tank from my bed I don’t have a book that long lol also the room looks dark but I fall asleep watching YouTube or HBO max (probably gonna be HBO max the rest of the month since they finally added the 1973 super friends to it lol) but my room is usually a lot brighter at night but right at the time of this picture the tv was an a dark screen but it’s usually bright so I wake up and see a lil fish staring into my deepest darkest desires lolimage.jpg

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Do u have a lid to a plastic tote? That could work. Or decor in the tank there. Could put a shirt on the side if u really wanted to.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Do u have a lid to a plastic tote? That could work. Or decor in the tank there. Could put a shirt on the side if u really wanted to.
Yea I think I have a lid to a tote. I used to enjoy waking up and seeing my fish as soon as I wake up but with a flowerhorn like daisy. It’s scary. She has an amazing personality, as soon as you walk in the room it’s like a dog when a car pulls in the driveway lol she just freaks out. Follows me from side to side of the room and is just almost always next to me unless she’s eating, sleeping or just chilling in her hide lol but waking up and seeing her against the glass is scary especially when your brain isn’t fully functioning yet because you’re so tired

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Yea I think I have a lid to a tote. I used to enjoy waking up and seeing my fish as soon as I wake up but with a flowerhorn like daisy. It’s scary. She has an amazing personality, as soon as you walk in the room it’s like a dog when a car pulls in the driveway lol she just freaks out. Follows me from side to side of the room and is just almost always next to me unless she’s eating, sleeping or just chilling in her hide lol but waking up and seeing her against the glass is scary especially when your brain isn’t fully functioning yet because you’re so tired
Are u actually scared??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store