Flowerhorn Newbie

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
He said he was a grade A? I'm totally new so no idea what that means. I wasn't even sure what kind of flowerhorn he is. I just know he looked good compared to what I saw online ABC's was priced well. Plus I don't have to pay 50+ for shipping.
There is pinned thread about grades. It just means all desired characteristics are there. Your seems to have most. You liking it is the most important part.

ol78hunter

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
South Dakota
Piranhas were alright but pretty boring besides feedings. I was looking for more of a "pet" fish. Flowerhorns seem to have a lot of personality. That's what I'm looking for. This one imo looks great.

Reactions: Ruturaj

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Piranhas were alright but pretty boring besides feedings. I was looking for more of a "pet" fish. Flowerhorns seem to have a lot of personality. That's what I'm looking for. This one imo looks great.
As long as it's hungry fish you should be okay (hungry fish => healthy fish). They are very active and will beg for food all the time.

Any advice on feedings bot what and how often would be great.
New life spectrum cichlid or Hikari bio gold plus. If you want to focus on red the New life spectrum ultra red or Hikari blood red parrot plus.

I've heard some about short bodies and long bodies? Any idea how big this thing will get. I've heard a lot depends on the stand.
This one to me looks like normal size (long body). He can get anywhere between 9-15 inches. I have seen low grade grow more than 12 though.

ol78hunter

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
South Dakota
Hes on blood red parrot+ now and I have a whole unopened bag of hakari bio gold+. I fed those to my piranhas in the past and they loved them. Really brought out the red.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Hes on blood red parrot+ now and I have a whole unopened bag of hakari bio gold+. I fed those to my piranhas in the past and they loved them. Really brought out the red.
Continue with mix of both then, blood red parrot+ and hakari bio gold+.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store