Fluval FX6 models

BrokenTexan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2018
Pittsburgh PA
I noticed some FX6s have two dials on top and some do not.The simply read IN Fluval OUT. Is there any differences ? Both come with the water change feature.. I originally thought that was it.

Nick Park

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2017
Drogheda, Ireland
I think the first version of the FX6 had maintenance dials on the lid. The only purpose they served was to remind you of the date you last cleaned the filter - which seems like gimmicky nonsense to me.
The next version did away with the dials and just has a bracket for holding the water change hosepipe.

Reactions: BrokenTexan

BrokenTexan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2018
Pittsburgh PA
I think the first version of the FX6 had maintenance dials on the lid. The only purpose they served was to remind you of the date you last cleaned the filter - which seems like gimmicky nonsense to me.
The next version did away with the dials and just has a bracket for holding the water change hosepipe.
Ahh .. they changed the basket colors from black to white and added smaller red baskets that go into the bigger white ones as well

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I'm getting a new fx6 soon so I'll do an unveiling thread for yall since this thread came up..

Reactions: BrokenTexan

Nick Park

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2017
Drogheda, Ireland
Do yall use the water change feature?
When I had it hooked up to a 100 gallon malawi tank, I didn't bother with the water change feature. It was easier just to vacuum the gravel with a siphon and pour buckets of water in the top.
Then I transferred the FX6 to a 200 gallon planted tank with some more skittish fish in it. Now I regularly use the water change feature as it causes less turmoil in the tank than hoses and buckets. I also made a spray bar for the FX6 which works well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store