FRESHWATER STONE FISH!

Littleman707

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
NJ
try shrimp or bluefish. Mine eats both and is very healthy. try to make it brackish then raise temp to 80-85. give him a nice size cave and have low lights. That is what i did to mine and slowly he began to eat, swim around, and his colors are amazing.

Littleman707

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
NJ
oh and mine did not eat for a week and finally took blue fish. TAKE UR TIME. :)

Phil125

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2010
Wilkes-Barre PA
They should really be in a species tank or in a tank with something that will not compete with the feeders. Mine gets a feeder a day and seems very happy with that.

tastyfilet

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 2, 2011
washington
glad this topic is on here they r a pretty difficult fish to find info on. lol its what led me to MFK. im planning on getting 2 of these this week for a 55 gallon freshwater tank, from other posts ive read it sounds like topwater fish will be fine from them. from my experience though all fish r carnivores i had a pleco that ate goldfish

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
I don't think 2 should live in the same tank, since one can eat a fish the same size at itself, so you'll wind up with only one fat fish.

Shuk

Feeder Fish
Oct 15, 2011
Singapore
I just bought one of them ard 6 inch last night. In my tank I have an Arowana 11 inch, Snakehead 4 inch, Electric catfish 6 inch, Long-nose Gar 7 inch & Redtail Catfish 7 inch. I went out early this morning & there were plenty of goldfish & baby guppies ard for them to feed. I just came back & noticed my snakehead was missing. Couldn't find it anywhere around. Presume it must have been eaten live by the stonefish. But I ain't sure. Pretty upset my snakehead gone. It was eating well & all.

blackghostknife

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
Hammond, Louisiana
they are pretty cool to keep but hard to feed

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store