Friend need help

nono

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2012
indonesia
Hi. I want to ask you guys for an advice. I have a friend who just bought an arapaima. It is still 10 cm long. BUT. The tank he is going to put the paima is a 70 cm x 40 x 40 or so. I think it is enough at first BUT it already have some denizen in it. Here are the fish that inside:

Giant snakehead 12cm
Channa pleurophtalma 9cm
Florida gar 20cm
Datnoid ( Sumatra ) 12cm
jack dempsey 12cm
Polypterus senegalus 17cm
Albino polypterus senegalus 13cm
Platinum polypterus senegalus 8cm
Polypterus delhezi 8cm
Polypterus endlycheri 6cm
Neolamprologus leleupi 8cm
Ninety nine

Yeah i know most of you after reading this will be burning and going to fire some lesson but it is what it is. I am sorry for the tank but my friend already put the fish before i know it since he said he already have a 2,5 m tank but havent been use for quite a while and the other tank is 50 cm tank which is empty and other 50 cm which have 15 cm marbled goby and 4 pacuScreenshot_20171214-221322.png .Now. He is concerning about how will his giant snake head and arapaima will work out and he doesnt want to lose the paima. I will send you guys the layout of the tank. He will really appreciate some help from you guys. Thank you

nono

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2012
indonesia
Totally agree. But in term of relation. Can a new paima be put in into same tank with an already established snakehead and gar?

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
I would say probably depends on the aggression level of the snakehead. And whether the paima is large enough to not be eaten.
But seriously, these fish will likely be dead within 6 months in this tank. Your friend is committing animal abuse here in my opinion. 4 pacu in another tank? The 2.5m tank won't be nearly big enough for these fish either. Your friend needs to do the responsible thing and get rid of these fish, get some fish that he can take care of.

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
Totally agree. But in term of relation. Can a new paima be put in into same tank with an already established snakehead and gar?
These fish and any other fish this person owns are likely going to be dead within months if not weeks. Unfortunately, some people regard fish as toys and just don't care.

Reactions: tlindsey

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Hi. I want to ask you guys for an advice. I have a friend who just bought an arapaima. It is still 10 cm long. BUT. The tank he is going to put the paima is a 70 cm x 40 x 40 or so. I think it is enough at first BUT it already have some denizen in it. Here are the fish that inside:

Giant snakehead 12cm
Channa pleurophtalma 9cm
Florida gar 20cm
Datnoid ( Sumatra ) 12cm
jack dempsey 12cm
Polypterus senegalus 17cm
Albino polypterus senegalus 13cm
Platinum polypterus senegalus 8cm
Polypterus delhezi 8cm
Polypterus endlycheri 6cm
Neolamprologus leleupi 8cm
Ninety nine

Yeah i know most of you after reading this will be burning and going to fire some lesson but it is what it is. I am sorry for the tank but my friend already put the fish before i know it since he said he already have a 2,5 m tank but havent been use for quite a while and the other tank is 50 cm tank which is empty and other 50 cm which have 15 cm marbled goby and 4 pacuView attachment 1288913 .Now. He is concerning about how will his giant snake head and arapaima will work out and he doesnt want to lose the paima. I will send you guys the layout of the tank. He will really appreciate some help from you guys. Thank you
Man your friend has great taste in fish! He took JDM to a whole nother level!

Reactions: Backfromthedead

nono

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2012
indonesia
Well. Couldnt agress less with you guys. But i dont have the heart to said he is abusing or have a bad planning since the first time he told me what fish he has put inside the tanks.

nono

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2012
indonesia
I would say probably depends on the aggression level of the snakehead. And whether the paima is large enough to not be eaten.
But seriously, these fish will likely be dead within 6 months in this tank. Your friend is committing animal abuse here in my opinion. 4 pacu in another tank? The 2.5m tank won't be nearly big enough for these fish either. Your friend needs to do the responsible thing and get rid of these fish, get some fish that he can take care of.
So you are saying that even the big tanks is already running wont be suficient to hold these fish even without the paima?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store