Geo Sveni tankmates

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
+1 for the Triportheus angulatus.
I used to have a trio. Beautiful fish, very mild mannered and not delicate at all. Mine grew to ~6 inch. They have pectoral fins that make them look like flying fish (similar in shape to those of hatchet fish), and allow them to appear as "flying" in the water. Unfortunately, I don't see them available with any frequency.

jandb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2009
Lewis Center, OH
I’d cry if I sold a 12ft tank. That’s the size I want. My 600 feels limiting.
It was tough to do but it was time. I just had too much and now I'm running around most nights with my daughter's activities and stuff like that. I kept the 300, 275 and a wall of DSA commercial tanks. Those ones are empty and I figure I'm going to start over in the 36" tall tank and spice up the 300 a bit using the DSAs to grow stuff out.

Reactions: mrrobxc

Gunfleet

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2019
It was tough to do but it was time. I just had too much and now I'm running around most nights with my daughter's activities and stuff like that. I kept the 300, 275 and a wall of DSA commercial tanks. Those ones are empty and I figure I'm going to start over in the 36" tall tank and spice up the 300 a bit using the DSAs to grow stuff out.

Not to sidetrack you, but can you tell me the dimensions and features of the DSA (Deep Sea Aquatics, I'm assuming) commercial tanks?

jandb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2009
Lewis Center, OH
Not to sidetrack you, but can you tell me the dimensions and features of the DSA (Deep Sea Aquatics, I'm assuming) commercial tanks?
No worries there. I'll have to measure them and I'm not 1000% on the brand but pretty confident. They're basically all glass 70 ish gallon tanks, either split into 1, 2, or 3 and stacked 3 high. Very heavy. I have 6 of them.

Reactions: mrrobxc

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
I hear you. Barely have time myself with my kids and sold off my 150 and 110 and only kept the 280 and 600.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store