ct

Im robb
16 yrs old
7 years in hobby
about 2 months with crens
2 vens 2 svenis- mostlikey to increase after this weekend
feed bloodworms and krill twice a day
colored up within a day
got them around 2-3 inches the svenins are prolly around 4 and the vens 5-6 respectively
like the vens mostly because of there smashmouth attitude and that they dont rip up my cichla
have the ven's in a 125 with my cichla and severums
sveni's in a 30 for the moment

bigspizz

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
1. What is your first name? Rico
2. How long have you been in the hobby??? My mom has kept cichlids and natives all her life...so, all of my life. (I'm 27)
3. How long have you been keeping Crenicichla??? A few months (I was inspired by P_P's passion for them so I gave it a shot and never looking back :)
4. How many pikes do you have? 1 for now have a couple x-I's sitting at the lfs though.
5. List all the species that you have. Just a sveni, and see above....
6. What do you feed them and how many times a day? Flakes, pellets, brine (he is still small), Home bred con culls, home bred guppies, live blood worms.
7. How long did it take your new pike to color up after you put it in the tank? 0 He stayed the same. He is getting some black spots all over though....
8. How large were they when you got them, and how much have they grown since you had them? 3"-5"
9. What is your fav. type of pike? That question is just not fair, I like every pike I have ever seen....
10. What size tanks do you keep your pikes in? In a 50......

mbrand6

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2007
colorado
1. mike
2. around 4 months with an oscar.
3. just a week.
4. 1
5. cobra
6. right now only feeders until we get him on pellets, anyone recommend a certain brand or type? lol.
7. he is actually going through a color change right now.
8. 5 inches and still about the same.
9. right now i like the cobras and havent really looked into many others but i do like the baby orange pike.
10. a 55 but looking bigger for sure.

andyourblueblood

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2007
masss
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
mbrand6;1268238; said:
1. mike
2. around 4 months with an oscar.
3. just a week.
4. 1
5. cobra
6. right now only feeders until we get him on pellets, anyone recommend a certain brand or type? lol.
7. he is actually going through a color change right now.
8. 5 inches and still about the same.
9. right now i like the cobras and havent really looked into many others but i do like the baby orange pike.
10. a 55 but looking bigger for sure.
welcome to mfk (the best part of mfk i.m.o.) enjoy! got pics of your cobra?

Pirwhana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2007
Stillwater, MN
1. What is your first name? Lindsey 2. How long have you been in the hobby??? 2 yrs. 3. How long have you been keeping Crenicichla??? 6 mo. 4. How many pikes do you have? One for now.... 5. List all the species that you have. sp. Venezuela 6. What do you feed them and how many times a day? Krill, Bloodworms, Veggie Flakes... weird huh - hates pellets loves the flake.... 7. How long did it take your new pike to color up after you put it in the tank? 1 sec.. 8. How large were they when you got them, and how much have they grown since you had them? 3" and maybe .01" since I have had him a week lol 9. What is your fav. type of pike? Blue Cincta and Lepidota 10. What size tanks do you keep your pikes in? 55 gal for now, 75 gal by the new year.

yama

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2006
nashville
STEPHON
11YRS
4YRS
1 NOW

Matt181

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2007
Hertford, UK
thought i got off on the wrong foot with issues with overstocking (see my first pike) so thought i'd introduce myself properly...

1)Matt
2)1 year in January, but i live, breathe and sleep fish, i don't want to boast but i know a LOT about fish, im just lacking the practical side of things
3)none im researching what species to get
4)0 sad i know
5)again 0 lol
6)i will feed mine 1-2 times day bloodworm and frozen prawns 6 days a week when i get one.
7)a very good question lol
8)again have not had one so cannot answer...
9)don't know very many!! but ATM dwarf green pike
10)will hopefully find one for a 50g

so thats me...or as they say on telly, this is your life!!
Matt

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
1. Nelson
2. 8 years
3. 2 years
4. Two at the moment
5. Xingu I (wo of em :) )
6. They get frozen krill, mysis, beefheart, cichlid pellets, and when my pair is in the mood, convict fry.
7. About a day
8. When I got them they were about 4", and they have doubled in size.
9. Cincta (reminds me of a Pbass :p
10. They are in a 100g

reptech

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2007
millcity,ma.
1. What is your first name? CORY
2. How long have you been in the hobby??? ABOUT 7 MON.
3. How long have you been keeping Crenicichla??? A WEEK AND THANKS TO P_P AND YOU OTHER GUYS LEARNING ALOT
4. How many pikes do you have? 2
5. List all the species that you have. BELLY CRAWLER AND COMPRESSICEPS (HOPEFULLY PICKING UP A PAIR OF
CAMETANA)
6. What do you feed them and how many times a day? KRILL,BLOODWORMS,MASSIVORE AND FEEDERS 2 TIMES A DAY
7. How long did it take your new pike to color up after you put it in the tank? A FEW HRS
8. How large were they when you got them, and how much have they grown since you had them? SMALL BUT GROWING FAST
9. What is your fav. type of pike? COBRA OR X1
10. What size tanks do you keep your pikes in? 50GAL BUT GETTING A 125 FOR THE PAIR

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store