GET TO KNOW ONE ANOTHER BETTER!!

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Looking great ya'll!! Keep em coming! I know we are few and far inbetween, but we are 'unique' because of it. Not many people keep these awesome fish, so pat yourselves on the backs for standing out! ;)

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
LETS BEGIN...
1. What is your first name? Joey

2. How long have you been in the hobby??? 15-17 off and on... But Completely ON for the last 8!!

3. How long have you been keeping Crenicichla??? A few months

4. How many pikes do you have? Currently One.. And One on the way :D

5. List all the species that you have. Currently Sveni

6. What do you feed them and how many times a day?I feed every 3 days Sometimes he gets some sometimes he doesn't.. He is getting better at fending for self though./..

7. How long did it take your new pike to color up after you put it in the tank? Changes depending on day and who he is pissed at :)

8. How large were they when you got them, and how much have they grown since you had them? 7" and 8" now...guestimations...

9. What is your fav. type of pike? Cincta HANDS DOWN!!!

10. What size tanks do you keep your pikes in?currently in the community 250 G.

voss345

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
ct
voss345;1257025; said:
Im robb
16 yrs old
7 years in hobby
about 2 months with crens
2 vens 2 svenis- mostlikey to increase after this weekend
feed bloodworms and krill twice a day
colored up within a day
got them around 2-3 inches the svenins are prolly around 4 and the vens 5-6 respectively
like the vens mostly because of there smashmouth attitude and that they dont rip up my cichla
have the ven's in a 125 with my cichla and severums
sveni's in a 30 for the moment
i love my sveni!

CrenXing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2007
OH
1. JC
2. 3 years
3. about 3 months
4. 3
5. xingu I, compressiceps, some kind of saxatilis
6. i feed once a day. all my pikes eat pellets readily. i also feed mysis, brine, bloodworms, tubifex, krill, and beefheart.
7. maybe an hour
8. the compressiceps has grown maybe a 1/4 inch since i got him. the other two i have not had long enough to tell yet. although the xingu always looks bigger every time i see him.
9. xingu III
10. 55 and 75

nuth88

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2006
Firestone, Colorado
1. What is your first name? Chris

2. How long have you been in the hobby??? A solid 25 running My own tanks

3. How long have you been keeping Crenicichla??? On and Off for years

4. How many pikes do you have? Now - 5

5. List all the species that you have. Now - Crenicichla regani

6. What do you feed them and how many times a day? Frozen Krill, Frozen Bloodworms, Frozen Mysis, Freeze Dried Krill

7. How long did it take your new pike to color up after you put it in the tank? Darkest Colors took about a Few Hours...Breeding Colors are just starting to show after 1 week in their own 55

8. How large were they when you got them, and how much have they grown since you had them? 2" - about .5" to a whole inch for "Piggy"

9. What is your fav. type of pike? - Dwarf regani, compressiceps, and I love the look of a marmorata.

10. What size tanks do you keep your pikes in? The Lil guys have a 55 to themselves.

Thanks

:D

emaughan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2006
Colorado Springs
1. What is your first name?
Evan
2. How long have you been in the hobby???
Started when I was 8, but took a long break after 18 (two years in Peru, school, and poverty of being a school teacher). Now I'm Pharmer and making very good money ;-).
3. How long have you been keeping Crenicichla???
About 1 month
4. How many pikes do you have?
2 most excellent pikes
5. List all the species that you have.
Xingu 1
6. What do you feed them and how many times a day?
Frozen Krill, Sand eels, blood worms once a day for 6 out of 7 days a week.
7. How long did it take your new pike to color up after you put it in the tank?
At most a day - I think they are happy to be out of the dealers 40 and into a 420
8. How large were they when you got them, and how much have they grown since you had them?
~ 4.5 inches and they are growing FAST
9. What is your fav. type of pike?
So fare - mine
10. What size tanks do you keep your pikes in?

420 gallon

amazonfishman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2005
On the Rio Araguaia, I wish...
1. Trent
2. 3 years
3. 2 years very seriously, I dove headfirst into amazon fish keeping
4. 1 sp Atabapo currently but previously 1 johanna and 2 lent/red back stringata whichever they turned out to be
5. sp Atabapo
6. market shrimp, hikari massivore pellets, hikari sinking carnivore pellets, daily
7. about a day
8. Johanna 2"-6", Lents were sold in about a month and a half so maybe 1/2", atabapo 6"-13"
9. sp Atabapo, Atabapo fires, and trombetas marms
10. Johanna was in the 55, Lents were by themselves in the 55 months later, sp Atabapo resides in my 240 since 6" with my pbass, shovelnose cats, heros rotkeils, flagtail

crenipterus svenagalus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
ma
1. What is your first name? mike.

2. How long have you been in the hobby??? about 2yrs.

3. How long have you been keeping Crenicichla??? about 2yrs.

4. How many pikes do you have? Now - 4.

5. List all the species that you have. Now - xingu I, lucius, frenata, and a bellu crawler.

6. What do you feed them and how many times a day? frozen and freeze dried krill, massivore, shrimp pellets, blood worms, and ocassionally some guppies.

7. How long did it take your new pike to color up after you put it in the tank? maybe a day or 2.

8. How large were they when you got them, and how much have they grown since you had them? a lot!

9. What is your fav. type of pike? - jegui by far! i love frog eyed pikes! retics. rule!

10. What size tanks do you keep your pikes in? in a 55g until i get my 210g.

tezr

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2007
Austin TX
www.rivercityaquatics.com
Peanut_Power;1252607; said:
LETS BEGIN...
1. What is your first name?
Tony

2. How long have you been in the hobby???
Been around tanks since i can remember. One of my favorite books growing up was the Tropical fish atlas.

3. How long have you been keeping Crenicichla???
Just a few months
4. How many pikes do you have?
5. List all the species that you have.
1 Female Johana 8" and 3 Juvie Xinga 1

6. What do you feed them and how many times a day?
2 or 3 times a day Myosis shrimp, sinking carni pellets, feeder guppies.

7. How long did it take your new pike to color up after you put it in the tank?
Few hours not long.
8. How large were they when you got them, and how much have they grown since you had them?
Not much yet...

9. What is your fav. type of pike?
Female Red Tapajos and many others....

10. What size tanks do you keep your pikes
in?
75 gallon tanks
I tried to avoid them at first but got hooked by the Female Johana and the way she cruises the tank...

snapshooter

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2004
Maryland
1. What is your first name? Francine
2. How long have you been in the hobby??? Teenage/20 yr break/1997 - now
3. How long have you been keeping Crenicichla??? 2002
4. How many pikes do you have? 19
5. List all the species that you have. 3 sp. Papagui, 2 sp 'Orinoco', 1 wallaci, 1 regani, 2 belly crawlers, 6 notophthalmus, 2 Gaucho, 2 lents
6. What do you feed them and how many times a day? Frozen bloodworms, blackworms, red wrigglers, silversides, flakes, pellets, fry & other fish. 4-5 times a week.
7. How long did it take your new pike to color up after you put it in the tank? Right away.
8. How large were they when you got them, and how much have they grown since you had them? Most are juvies or sub-adults and grow appropriately
9. What is your fav. type of pike? Dwarf
10. What size tanks do you keep your pikes in? Anything from a 15 to 100 gal depending on species.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store