Get your licenses first, fish second...

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I prefer to think it was my fault. Can't expect much mercy and flexibility from a machine, such as the government.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I prefer to think it was my fault. Can't expect much mercy and flexibility from a machine, such as the government.
No man, it wasn’t your fault in any way. The inspector didn’t need to come back with a biologist to confirm. You’re do the world a solid by running a rescue and he should have left it alone after the initial visit, in my opinion anyway

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
The inspector was on my side, a good guy, he didn't plan to come back, he was sent back by the head office, who looked at my YouTube channel and saw many regulated fish, which we were not hiding from the world. These people are paid to do their job and have numbers to meet monthly, quarterly, and yearly - so many citations, so much in fines, so many incarcerations, so many busts, etc.

Every organization has a plan. How else would the superiors know their subordinates are doing anything when on the job? The performance appraisal and the ensuing raises, promotions (or lack thereof) is based on it.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter You seem to have a healthy attitude about all this. I know In your position it would be nearly impossible to keep any of your fish from public view.

But, It makes me think about how lots of people would be hesitant about sharing anything when it comes to stock for fear of repercussions down the line.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter You seem to have a healthy attitude about all this. I know In your position it would be nearly impossible to keep any of your fish from public view.

But, It makes me think about how lots of people would be hesitant about sharing anything when it comes to stock for fear of repercussions down the line.
I was hesitant for sure , before i moved to a new state I had a couple illegal fish and I didn’t tell anyone except a friend that had the same fish,or post them anywhere

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
My "boldness" or "foolishness", make your pick, was based on a naïve hope that I was openly telling our story and applying for a license to legalize all these fish and on the hope that as a Public Exhibitor and a Rescue we'd be given some leniency. I am sure we were given some, just not all of it. They couldn't forgive the ATFs. All other unpermitted fish species we were not cited for after I had killed them off.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store