GIANT gouramis

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
It’s a fairly small tank for two gg, the red will be the one being picked on, you’ll have to watch it closely, and be prepared to rehouse one at some stage.
I have two in a 11’ tank, and have added wood where my red will hide if the attention from the grey becomes too much.
I also have oscars and a couple of other larger fish so the grey has other fish to focus her attention on.
I’m glad you moved the Aro, gg generally will want to dominate the surface level, and probably would have killed the Aro.

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
It’s a fairly small tank for two gg, the red will be the one being picked on, you’ll have to watch it closely, and be prepared to rehouse one at some stage.
I have two in a 11’ tank, and have added wood where my red will hide if the attention from the grey becomes too much.
I also have oscars and a couple of other larger fish so the grey has other fish to focus her attention on.
I’m glad you moved the Aro, gg generally will want to dominate the surface level, and probably would have killed the Aro.

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
My current Giant Gourami setup. Arowana and Oscars are gone. Have a Redtail Gourami as well now. Have a question for those who have multiple Giants and aggression. My Golden decided to start picking on the grey about 2 months ago. That lasted a couple weeks and it has been nice and peaceful. Now out of nowhere "Frosty" the gold trouble maker has started picking on the grey again. Any experience with this and a possible solution? Really don't want to get rid of anybody.

View attachment 1289438
I can't work out the size of the tank, from the picture, BTW it's very clean nice setup.. I wouldn't even consider 2 GGs in a 1k gallon tank, I have very limited experience keeping 2 and in a much smaller tanks but I would say ' sorry but one needs to move on'

KNMG

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2006
Tacoma
I can't work out the size of the tank, from the picture, BTW it's very clean nice setup.. I wouldn't even consider 2 GGs in a 1k gallon tank, I have very limited experience keeping 2 and in a much smaller tanks but I would say ' sorry but one needs to move on'
That's kind of what I was thinking. The bullying has subsided for now. I made a divider so my Grey could get a break. Know it will only be a matter of time before it happens again. The tank is a 375. 96x30x30 I got greedy and figured if I over filtered that it would work. The Gold Gourami was a rescue that I probably shouldnt have taken. Have had the Grey Gourami for almost 10 years.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store