Give Me Your Opinion

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
Hey guys, I wanted to get your opinion on this bass I have. It was one of the first ones I bought since I began jumping back into monster tanks since my two year hiatus, the first bass I got since I really started heavily focussing on them, and the first bass I bought before I realized how careful you have to be when taking the word of an aquatics seller for the legitimacy or the species/catch location. I bought him as a 2" baby labeled as a "WC Azul" and to be honest, he looked the part of at least an azul [I attached a pic from him around 4"]. I did some research and eventually found out he was a farmed Azul but wasn't upset since I had already grown very attached to him. Well, lately all my fish have been growing out well and coloring up. All my other fish are looking exactly how they should except my big boy Blueberry. Today I was sitting in front of my tank for an hour or so and realized my so called "Azul" has red fins and a darker base than most I've seen. Just to confirm with you guys, in reality, hes actually a poor quality ocellaris, correct? Or is he some weird farmed hybrid? Thanks guys! Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 10.13.37 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 10.02.57 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 10.02.32 PM.png

Reactions: BigShawn

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
That is not an Azul, It looks like a farmie to me mono/occel

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store